Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I didn't make so many changes to Sandy's diet so quickly, but something had to be done - He is already significantly less itchy on Natural Balance Duck & Potato, the 3V fish oil capsules and the daily antihistamine - OH and the weekly anti-fungal bath. His coat is coming back in (curly!) and oddly enough its changing colors - he is going from a thin bleach blonde look back to his original gold color. It seems to be the undercoat that is growing back in differently - his back, legs (which had the most hair loss), and muzzle have all changed. In just ONE week! I'm so pleased with this latest switch - I just wish I knew which change did it!

G

·
He looks fabulous!!!! Once he is stabilized you could always back out to get your answer. The fish oil is good for him and I probably would not switch foods since that is working...so maybe try stopping the antihistamine when he is 100%. You can easily restart it if there are issues. And it could be something seasonal, so the antihistamine might just be needed for certain times of year. Great job, you should be proud!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:) He is so cute!! Glad to hear you found a food - ours do well on Natural Balance too. If you call them you can get a frequent buyer card (buy 13 and get the 14th free or something like that). I also sometimes see coupons near the register in Petco :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
try stopping antihistimines and maybe you will find out it's the food

i am happy to hear these great changes in Sandy!! yeeeeehaaa!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ooooh, looking good there!
We should try that food with Sampson... poor guy is still itching. Not nearly as much as before, but he still is.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Great news! The NB Duck & Potato is our food of choice, too. We've eliminated a few other things since she's been on the food. Our vet said that we could try to figure out which grain Cinnamon is allergic to, but I say if it's not broke...!

And congrat's on your third doodle!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi Kristin
I did not realize that the hair loss was on the back of the legs as well. I just had the exact same thing happen to Roni. His coat changed a bit, and a bunch of hair loss. I tried all kinds of things, but the shampoo is what really was doing the trick. I took away the fish oil and the benadryl, and he is still fine. The only difference is that he is on Eagle Pack salmon food and all of his hair is growing in perfectly, and no more itching. I was using the malaseb shampoo, and before that we had to use hexadene on him. The malaseb is what worked! I am just getting more shampoo this weekend to make sure he is all clear. The hair loss was bad, and his coat was very light. It all came back in quite dark brown!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts