Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone-
So I picked up Parker from Shannon in Joliet, Il last Friday. Weather wasnt ideal. No snow but severe fog. Especially through Wi. Took a good 3 hours to get there. Luckily I had my friend Joe along to help navigate. I most likely would have gotten lost without him. Was so great to meet Shannon and all her beautiful doods!! Parker was freshly bathed and cute as a button. Spent about an hour there before heading back. With the fog I had hoped to get home with him while it was still light and also beat heavy traffic. Parker fell asleep 5 minutes after leaving Shannons and slept the whole way home without a stop. What an angel! I'm so glad hes good in the car. Took about 3.5 hours to get home :( Sofie has always been great in the car, and those 2 just cuddle up in the back seat on their blankies. :)
I know Parker has had a few issues in the past but I'm working alot with him. He isnt too mouthy. (I forgot how sharp those puppy teeth are) Potty has been good. No accidents for 5 days until today when I was writing this. Parker was trying to tell me he had to go out and I thought he was just coming over to say hi. He gave me a few minutes but started to tinkle. I said NO and rushed him outside. My fault of course. We need to work on that one together. The only problem I'm having is the humping on visitors and even people at the park. Its not constant but just enough to be embarrassing. :oops: He was fixed and I hope with some work we can stop or minimize that behaviour.
Sofie was a little standoffish for 2 days but really warmed up to him. Im surprised she has not been getting jealous when he gets cuddle time or loooong tummy rubs. They get equal attention and she loved having a wrestling partner and I'm sure the company when I'm at work.
Parker is fitting in great with us and the routine and shows improvement every day. After a couple days he really started following me around and making good eye contact. I think he feels like he is where he should be. I know thats how I feel! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I think he feels like he is where he should be. I know thats how I feel!
what a great update!!! thank you

and sounds like Parker (love the new name too) is going to fit right in, in your home and hearts!!! Congrats :D
oh, that 1st pic is sooooo cute

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Parker is SO cute!! About the humping - how old is he? Dex went through that stage (I forget exactly when, but maybe somewhere around 4-6 months)...it just took a lot of correction, but he got it (or outgrew it).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
our 3 doodles have Hump Day 7 days a week here :roll:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Good news Mike. I was wondering what the scoop was. Glad to hear Parker and Sofie are getting acquainted successfully. I am sure it is a relief. They are two good looking dogs. I bet it is fun around your place. I have an out of town visitor this weekend...My Mother-in-law!!!, but maybe next weekend we can hook up. I will PM you this week. Congrats again...enjoy.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Awww... There's my sweet little boy! He looks like he has grown already! This is so much fun to watch him grow up. I think he and Sofie are perfect together, and looks like Sofie dishes it out quite well!!

Parker was such a good boy while he was here. I was sick almost the whole time so I could not enjoy him as much as I wanted to, but he played very well, and was learning quickly! Thanks Mike for making him a part of your family. I know this was the right choice for him. :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Congratulations Mike! Parker is a doll baby.
Sophie's going to be a great big sister!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts