Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to share a cute story. This morning before work I was folding some laundry and of course my best bud was with me. Anyhow, he sat there patiently looking at me, looking at the socks, looking at me, looking at the socks....then he goes for it. Grabs the socks and zips into the kitchen with his "prize." He thought this was so much fun until he zipped underneath the chair and got stuck....hah! We won!! :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I lov it Lam...as I can just see it.

Max does the same thing looks at me, then socks, back and forth waiting for the right moment to spring into action with a flash lightening tazmanian doodle devil run and eventually drops them at my feet with the "if we wanted a party pooper we would invite you" look at me. :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
jamie, i hope at least it's not the "wear them while doing laundry undies" that you hope NO ONE ever sees :shock:

jonah's fetish is dryer sheets first, and if he can't get that, that "oh well, a sock'll do to!" :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I honestly think socks silently call their names :lol:. Our two can be otherwise occupied and suddenly grab a sock and run! Best one is trying to grab and run as you are trying to put your socks on! That was this mornings game.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
and the sock grab usually happens right after a good old beard soak (drink of water) leaving the sock moist and unwearable. this i believe is a secret doodle plan :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Any clothing you have just put on is fair game for that let me give you a kiss, that is wet kiss:shock: and now that it is nice and cold they like to do it as you are getting ready to leave! It is a conspiracy.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ever try to put on nylons in the morning with a raring to go wide awake fully rested doodle? :shock:

forget trying to find knee high stockings....max hides them :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
I love the "maybe she's not noticing me creeping closer to the sock pile" look. Very subtle. My house often looks like a laundry train derailed and there are socks everywhere. Actually if I find a sock with a hole in it a tie a knot in it and it becomes Chester and Archie's.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
and to think I used to complain the washing machine always ate and hid just one sock....
little did I know the REAL sock monster are doodles :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My poor daughter (thanks to Denver Doodle) is now missing 2 new bras. 4 pairs of underwear and a zillion socks. Where does he put his stash? We have gone through the house and made sure nothing is lying around only to turn around and see Denver with one of the coveted items in his mouth.(and smiling,I swear he is)
How do they do it. I can not even put on a pair of socks in front of him.
I really find myself hiding in closets to put clothes on. LOL

Blueteal

·
Registered
103 Posts
Boy do I know what you are talking about. Frankie is only allowed in the family room area, and I was in the front room last night and heard a scuffle in the laundry room. When I went in the family room, Frankie was laying very calmly on his bed, and when I went to pet him, he was laying on a sock, as if to hide it from me. It was actually kind of funny, because he didn't have a chance to tear it up yet, but I do know this, Frankie is just like a kid. He know when he is not suppose to have something, but does it anyway and tries to hide it, but we love him anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that it's cold here (Northern Virginia), Boyd has become fascinated with my gloves. Last night I carelessly threw them on the kitchen counter and went upstairs to talk to the hubby. When I came down he was laying on his blanket w/ my glove tucked between his paws. When he saw me he was like "Oh sh-- I'm busted!" and took off with my glove.

All I had to do was open the fridge door and he spit it out. We have found that any naughty behavior can be nipped in the bud if we open the big magical thing that has all the yummy food in it.... :roll:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh Lam that is so funny about the fridge, Denver does the same thing when I go stand in front of the Animal food cupboard(we have 10 animals, so they have their own cupboard) He also steals gloves. Isn't it funny that when they take something they know is not allowed they immediatly run away. I can walk into the room and if he is there with one of his own toys, he just looks up and stays put, but if it is a no no item, he runs away with it.
LOL

Blueteal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it is absolutely amazing how they figure out what is a no no item in a very short period of time. The sneakiness is so much like a little tykes behavior. I can remember my niece sneaking things when she was around 4 and Boyd acts the same way!!! What's fun is when he thinks he's taken a no no item (like a dish rag) when in fact we really don't care.....as soon as he figures that out he's no longer interested!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
too funny Lam...here we have a "rescued" squeaker...make him come running each time.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
wow, it's nice to know that Jonah isn't the only one that when you catch him with "forbidden items", that he bolts. he tries to make me chase him around the dinning room table, then he bolts to the kitchen....dead end! :wink: of course, doodle smiling the whole time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So last night Boyd stealthfully took my glove from the bottom of my work bag!!! I saw him sniffing around but whenever I looked over he'd casually look around as if to say "I'm just taking it all in." Then he sticks his big, wet nose in my bag and ever so gently removes one glove (being careful to hold it nicely in his mouth) and saunters off !!!! It was very, very cute!!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts