Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a puppy about 3 months ago. She was living in a home with several other dogs. We do not have any other animals and she really doesn't have much exposure to other dogs with the exception of an occasional run-in on a walk. Is it important that she spend time with other dogs? We have 3 young children so she does get plenty of attention but not much from other dogs. I would appreciate any input as we are very new at this. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi!
This is a good question and I think that the socialization with your children is a great thing...but I do believe that they need to interact with other dogs too. You could try puppy kindergarten or take her to a dog park. Doggie day care is another really good option.
It isn't mandatory, mind you, but I do think that the learn certain "dog" behavior from other dogs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would definitely sign her up for puppy class... this can be started immediately. As to the dog park, it's safest to wait until she's had all her puppy shots (at around 4 months I believe).

We actually boarded Pacha for a couple days at 16 weeks of age, and she came back a different dog. She was much less distracted on walks etc, probably because she had so much interaction and stimulation at the boarding place, etc.

Anyways, sounds like i'm just reitterating Jac's advice ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts