Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Dexter as pissy as Sandy is when you correct him? If I tell Sandy no, he usually listens but he gives me the nastiest look and flops down and lets out this huff of air - reminds me of a teenager! Sometimes he will even tap me with his nose first (hard tap) then let out his pissy huff. I'm working on correcting this before it gets out of control, but its hard because its so darn funny! It won't be cute thirty pounds from now!

Any other pissy doodles out there?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, yes..........Coco reverts back to the nipping and jumping stuff and gets growly and barky and lungey towards me and if I tell her no firmly or shove her off me and yell "ow!" she only gets more aggressive. She will finally stop with sort of a resigned pissy attitude and not look at me for awhile. Yes, teen stuff all over again. Manipulative, pushy stuff.....wanting things to go her way!

I love her....and it doesn't happen always....but for some unknown reason she gets like that once in awhile....used to do it ALOT!!

She doesn't HUFF.....I wish she would. At least, that is a sign, though reluctant it is,......of resignation and surrender.
:roll:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hell no. He doesn't listen to me, let alone lay down with a pissy huff. He's been NUTS the past few days, if I tell him NO he just keeps at it. How are you correcting him? - just saying NO and redirecting, etc? I want to take him out to the yard to work off some of his *cough* EXUBERANCE :twisted: but it's been so hot here lately......ack.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Awwww, come on Lynn, you know Dexter is an angel :roll: I know what it is, he's wanting to visit his brother Sandy so Sandy can teach him the right way to get his way :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
:lol: I know...I know.....as a matter of fact, he's laying angelicallly on my feet as I type this!!

PS - as a side note to Kristin - I realized that Dexter woofs under his breath when I have him 'stay'. I'll be getting him to calm down, and when he sits every once in a while he'll say "ruff" under his breath.

2 weeks and counting to puppy-k!

G

·
I LOVE the huffs! Bella did it last night when I told her she could not come on the bed (We had guests so my 6y/o was already in bed with us). She circled around to Daddy's side looking for sympathy, got none, came back, I told her to 'settle', so she literally FLOPS her whole body down and gives this huge sigh... like,
"I can't believe I have to sleep on the floor!"
:lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
here we don't get huffs...Max does the clicking of teeth to let us know he is not pleased to be told NO or OUT hahhaha

peanut tries the "i can't hear youuuuuuuuuu" manuever but if you say the word CRATE she runs to the living room and lays down and acts innocent and angelic :roll:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
all I can say is they are all soooo smart!!! :idea: :shock:

too smart, outsmart, very, very smart!!!! :idea: :idea: :shock:

HUFF!! I should be so smart!! :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Ohhhhhh, what an innocent looking face :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
pooor coco looks sooooo lonely and bored in that pic. what a shame
hahhahhahaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yeah, right!!!

her three ring circus never ends......

but for those few quiet moments when she wears out.....

innocent???? most looks are deceiving, huh???!!!

she's a sweet little imp!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jane...now now honey, she is a complete angel just like Peanut who chewed a hole in the middle of a wool 5x8 rug ...not aint that special :shock:

and jane...gear up as coco and peanut hit the 6mo stage :wink:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
And so what do I need to be warned about for the 6 month stage???
Never mind...I am making this a new topic!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
cocoandjane said:
And so what do I need to be warned about for the 6 month stage???
Never mind...I am making this a new topic!!
it starts out with selective hearing...it's like when you call Peanut right now, she goes" i can't hearrrrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuu" :roll:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, then, we are there!! Coco has certain things she will pretend she didn't hear me.....and when I make her... she looks at me with the
" III didn't hear youuuuu" excuse.....she didn't be so selective a couple of months ago......hmmmm hopefully our classes will help that.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
cocoandjane said:
Well, then, we are there!! Coco has certain things she will pretend she didn't hear me.....and when I make her... she looks at me with the
" III didn't hear youuuuu" excuse.....she didn't be so selective a couple of months ago......hmmmm hopefully our classes will help that.
LYNN keep your chin up and keep wearing those ROSY colored glasses hahhahahhaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts