Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very nice middle aged couple just left with Snuggles. She is their second f1 doodle and looks very like the photos they shared of their first. He lived to be 13 yrs old and passed over a year ago.

I had them sign an agreement that they would have her spayed immediately and explained ad nauseum why she must never be bred. I took photos before she left... and they promised to send updates so I know how she's doing. I'll miss her, but know she deserves a home where she can be the center of attention.

I got a very good feeling that with them she will be.

So I'm back down to 4 dogs. Whew lol For now that's going to be my limit since I have the litters coming that are going to tie up a lot of my time.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats TINK...quick question as i missed a post
why did you take Snuggles OUT of your breeding program?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AnnMarie, since Snuggles is a daughter of Moses, she could carry JRD which is of course what killed him. I simply wouldn't take the risk of her birthing pups that might develop it or pass it on. She won't develop it since she's half lab... but there's no reliable test for whether she's a carrier. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Canada isn't in any hurry to have this litter. Last time she was 5 days early... which if she'd have done that again she'd have already had them yesterday. I keep telling myself she can't be pregnant forever... but it sure seems to be dragging on. :lol:

I'm just hoping she has a big litter with a good color variety like she did last time.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gene, I think it makes me more anxious to see the pups because I have people on a waiting list who email me every morning wondering if she's had them yet. lol

It's fun knowing there's a demand for them, but makes me more crazy wanting to know just how many there are and if they're like the last litter.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE from Snuggles new family... WHEW!

Snuggles is now "Gracie". They said:

"I'm calling the vet today to get "Gracie" spade and her lymes appt. She has been the most perfect dog I've ever had at her age. She's very attached to her new Mom and whines when I leave the room and she can't find me. Keith is putty in her paws. He melts when she wants attention from him. She was wonderful in the car on the way home. We stopped in Eau Claire and got her a bed, toys, rawhides, leash and collar (they're purple). Yesterday her brother Rommel (Shorthair) came over to play and she chased after him for over an hour. When he left she slept like a rock for 2 hrs! The best news is so far so good on the allergy thing. Keith said he hasn't had any reaction to her and is very optimistic that she will spend her life with us. Thank you so much for thinking of us when you found you needed to find her a home. I couldn't ask for a better companion!"

Carol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gene and Heather, I am very happy that they're so pleased with her and she's working out for the allergies. It was hard to see her go, so this puts my mind at ease.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts