Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what..We got more snow today here in Madison. 10.8 inches today! Bringing our two day total to about 14 inches. High winds and blowing snow, huge drifts made a rough ride home. Cars, trucks and big trucks ditted the highways, main streets and side streets. Travel was treacherous. And when I got home after leaving work early( just an hour after a barely 50% show up vs no show ratio) I did not even attempt to get up my snow drifted driveway. Proceeded to wander around to find a place to turn around or go around the block. Got stuck once and with the assistance of neighbors made it out. I parked my car at the next door neighbors until I could get my drive cleared. Driftz in drive and side walk were approaching mid thigh and made even walking a task. After some hard work I got it cleared. Just waiting for the plow to bury the bottom of the driveway and get out again. :roll:

View from the garage. There is a driveway in there somewhere!!

Deep

[/img]

And when the job of clearing snow is over, there is always someobody happy to see you!!

G

·
Wow! So beautiful! I love walking in snow at night...it's all sparkly and white!
Glad Marley is there to warm you up! :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
holy cow that is a lot of snow.

would you stop hogging it all already??? this is getting ridiculous :wink:

P.S. It's probably tough to get snow when the high was 68 deg yesterday, huh?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Marley doesn't look too concerned about all your snow.

Is this a typical year for you.....we are just getting one storm after another and very cold in between so nothing melts.

I would love to send our storms somewhere. We are suppose to get hit hard again this afternoon. Our ski resort that is 30 minutes from our house has had 400+ inches so far.

DH is in South Carolina so snow clearing is left to Tanner and me. He barks, I shovel :twisted:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I WANT SNOW, DAMMIT!!!

Enough of this 60+ degree $&#^@. We even set a high temp RECORD yesterday. Harumph.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a typical year for you.....we are just getting one storm after another and very cold in between so nothing melts.
Marley doesn't look too concerned about all your snow.
Annie...It is not the norm. The Madison area normally get about 50 inches a year. This year we are just 2.5 inches short of breaking the record for snowfall of about 78 inches. And most of it has fallen after December say 10th. Quite a year for snowfall. It reminds me of the blizzards we had in Buffalo growing up. Normally we are very cold, with small amonts of snow, and yes often it stays so cold it does not go away real fast.

Marley was out playing in the snow earlier with Kathy, so he was tuckered out by the time I got done clearing away the snow.

would you stop hogging it all already??? this is getting ridiculous
Come and get!!!! we have plenty to go around!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
come take some of our too!

Marley has really grown...he looks very grownup in your picture :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
It's BEAUTIFUL! A pain in the rear to clean up....but Beautiful!
We had our share here in Michigan yesterday but not what you got!!! :shock:
Ours was particularly miserable because we had tons of sleet first.....then about 5 inches on top of that. It was a slushy, heavy mess! Driving was awful!!
But....ah yes! It's great getting doodle love and warming up afterwards!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GREG...you must have a snowthrower :wink: arent' they great !
and for once YOU can keep hogging the snow , NO complaints from me in any way.
HOW's Marley in the snow when it drifts heavier/higher than usual?

I do hope the 700 that were stranded are okay getting the help they needed. I could not imagine being stuck that long nor how scary that must be. I pray they're doing well.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do hope the 700 that were stranded are okay getting the help they needed. I could not imagine being stuck that long nor how scary that must be. I pray they're doing well.
They are out now. It began Wednesday afternoon and everybody was out by late the next morning. Interviews on TV had people feaking out while sitting in their car as their car was being buried in snow. Authorities were waking people up when it was their turn to move. They asssited as much as possible but it happened almost too quickly to mobilize a plan for aid. Lots of good neighbor stories.

HOW's Marley in the snow when it drifts heavier/higher than usual?
Marley loves the snow fortunately. His problem is usually as he walks in the deep stuff, his legs disappear and he sinks up to his torso. So finding the "right spot" to do his business is tough sometimes. He is a creature of habit, but his normal spots are well covered. So he searches. And searches. I have not yet had time, but today I just work a half day and hope too clear some spots in the yard. It will be a project though. Drifts are pretty big everywhere. Need to do it because Saturday's over night low is forecasted for minus 14 with high winds, and Sunday's high is 4. Marley has to go quick in those conditions!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One other thing Marley does that is funny. While in search for that "spot", he tends to climb the area right by the street. The plows leave high hills of snow there. It tends to be heavier, weight bearing snow so he can scale them on top and not drop into the snow. Which is fine, but he usually poops at the highest point which is normally the pile by driveways where people toss the snow while shoveling. He is usually at eye level or higher. Naturally some one is always driving by as I stand there reaching up with the leash as Marley does his thing looking down at the car and it's giggling passengers as they drives by. It's pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Greg ... You gotta say it's worth it when a snuggly doodle climbs into your lap after all your labors. WOW! We haven't had anything, just unseasonably warm then unseasonably cold. Oh heavy rains too. The dog park is underwater!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog park Mary
We had that happen to the school/park that we go to, a while back and now it is one big muddy mess. Yuck for me but Denver
could care less how muddy he gets.............

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Sounds like my yard!! Actually we're supposed to get 2-4 inches by morning. I got home from work late and trying to catch up on the forum and Rumor wanted to go out BAD!! Why?? Because the wind was whipping up fiercely and blowing leaves and twigs everywhere. It was thundering with lightning so we came right back in. It's going down to 1 degree with a wind chill of 15 below!! Guess that'll take care of the mud for a few days..... :roll:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts