Labradoodle Forums banner

snow doodles

21K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  Echo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, My two doodles LOVE the snow, but the little snowballs all over their feet are too much! Is there a way to minimize the snow feet? This is Jack loving the snow!

See less See more
#2 ·
OMG first of all I am sooo jelous - SNOW

2nd - my hubbies solution to that is to give Annabelle poodle feet, here feet and legs get trimmed short if we get snow, after the first snow and it all stuck to her legs and hard to get off, she got short hair

I saw some stuff on a online petstore to spray on their feet/fur so snow/ice doesnt stick, cannot remember name of it though - I will see if I can find

#4 ·
Great picture! Such joy on the dog's face.

Our labradoodle absolutely LOVES the snow! It makes her sooo frisky. We don't have snow here yet, but come December / January we will.

As for the clumps of snow on her coat, that is just something we have to deal with. I try to pull off all of the big clumps, then get her to lay on a mat by the door until the smaller clumps are melted off (doesn't always work).

#5 ·
OMG I can't believe you have snow already! It was about 75 deg here yesterday and I was outside in shorts.

Dex would get those snow balls on his paws too last year. We would just sit with him (and a towel) and help him get them out (just the warmth from our hands would melt most of them).

#6 ·
Here in Wisconsin we deal with that every year. The choices are to clip the hair short so it can't stick or let it melt after they get in and wipe up the water spots. LOL

If you want to see a real mess, let them play outside when it's coming down! It will stick to their back and head as well as the feet; and then of course they HAVE to shake... lol

#7 ·
Tink said:
Here in Wisconsin we deal with that every year. The choices are to clip the hair short so it can't stick or let it melt after they get in and wipe up the water spots. LOL

If you want to see a real mess, let them play outside when it's coming down! It will stick to their back and head as well as the feet; and then of course they HAVE to shake... lol
Snow storm inside!!

Then walk on it with stocking feet.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

#10 ·
I wish we had the snow....it's raining and our "pool" is coming back! :shock: And the kids aren't interested in pooping this morning. Miko will hold it....forever.....Jonah on the other hand will leave me a little (??) present for me when I get home from ork today.... :cry:

#11 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. Jack is about ready for a trim , so maybe we'll do the feet a little shorter, but it seems I will just have to deal with snowballs in the house. They are in and out all day long. :D Ginger is still growing her puppy coat and brings in just as much as he does. Here is a photo of the 2 of them after a fun day playing in the snow.

#14 ·
Yesterday it was Tucker and Frankie ... Today it's Jack and Ginger providing super cute make my day pictures. :D :D :D
Thank you for asking the question as we will encounter it big time this winter! :wink:

#17 ·
OMG...Jack and Ginger are adorable!!!!! Ain't wishin for snow here yet.....it sticks around way too long...in fact it was 81 here yesterday :shock: which is way to wierd for October!!! Great pics of the pups! Thanks!

#26 ·
hahaha I used to love watching MORK and mindi :wink:

SNOW :shock: I like it for the 1st day, take lots of pics and then i am the "bah humbug, take the snow back' hahahahhaaa

usually we have Longggggggg winters here but last year wasn't :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.