Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started letting Ginny up on my bed. We love to cuddle and I think we've finally got that housebreaking thing 98% under control. I love having her on my bed a day or so after her bath when she smells like lemongrass and lavendar, but anything past two days and she just smells doggy. Any special advice for avoiding having my one last refuge, my bed, from smelling like a dog bed?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Chloe gets the same "doggy" smell just days after her bath. My lab, Chase gets bathed very little but he never has that dog odor.

I thought that doodles weren't supposed to get that smell but obviously I was wrong :?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here, here to the smelly dog syndrome! My Dekker Doodle(12 weeks) is a real stinkeroo. I think because he's still potty traing he's lying/rolling around in his pee at night :roll: He really hums..... I bathed him yesterday at my MIL request (had also bathed him last week) but today is just a smelly with a slighly sticky coat. I'm going to buy some Best Shot as I know people recomend it, so at least he'll smell good for a day!

·
Registered
459 Posts
When Lucy's sister Maisy comes to visit she has a much doggier odor than Lucy. Especially her crate. Lucy has a much different coat than Maisy -- could it be that certain coat types also have stronger smells than others??

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby has somewhat of an odor, while Dexter really doesn't (except when he's dirty)...Dexter is a F1B labradoodle and Kirby is a F1 Setterdoodle...I wonder if having more poodle in Dexter keeps him smelling differently? Also, Dexter has a very soft fleece coat and Kirby's is more of a mix of hair and fleece...

Best Shot really makes them smell great - at least for a few days :)

I really don't have any good suggestions about your bed...I have air freshners all over the house...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Miko doesn't have an odor....ok, sometimes she smells like dust :wink: .....
I swear Jonah's head smells like bleach! I don't even know what that's all about!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Great picture Ann - they are both precious

Annabelle only smells when it's hot and she's been out running and gets sweaty, but as soon as she cools down the smell is gone.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dexter's never stinky....if you stay away from his FEET! They smell like sweat socks after a couple hockey games and a 3 mile hike! :shock: :mrgreen: I discovered it one night while playing with Dex. I acted like I was gonna take a bite out of his foot, then bammmo, it hit me! I tried and tried to get Kevin to smell it. He kept saying "I'm not smellin his foot!" Then curiosity got the best of him. He took a whiff and I swear he turned green :lol: Fortunately, it doesn't radiate around him, you really gotta bury your nose to get it.

His coat, however, is always nice and clean smelling. And believe me, I am neglectful in the bath category.

He's an F1, I believe, with a soft wavy coat.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
So Rita what you're trying to tell us you don't kiss Dexter's feet?hhahahhaaaaaaaaaaa

Max never smells unless he's really dirty

but peanut OMG she can use a bath once a week...wonder if it's cause max slobbers on her?

G

·
Maya doens't really smell and she only gets a bath about once a month but she does get sprayed down with Best shot after the dog park to get the slobber off.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner gets chewed on and slobbered on every time he goes to daycare and he never smells. I use the Best Shot Detangler on him most evenings after he has been and I think it really keeps him clean smelling :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
hmz819 said:
Maya doens't really smell and she only gets a bath about once a month but she does get sprayed down with Best shot after the dog park to get the slobber off.
Where would I find Best Shot?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
http://www.dog.com/search.asp

I buy the shampoo, rinse, and the detangler. Clean smelling and the shampoo and rinse can be diluted making it fairly resonable $$.

I use the detangler almost everyother day on Tanner's legs, beard, and neck...the parts that get the dirtiest and most matted.

You can also price it at Best Shot Products website..usually dog.com has been cheaper :wink: :wink:

G

·
I got my Best shot from dog.com too. When I got it they had a 3 pack where I got the shampoo conditioner and spray as a pack. I just looked and they don't have the 3 pack available anymore but I think the best shot website has packages. I am not sure what their prices are though. It's got a slight mint scent to it....nothing overpowering at all and after a little bit you can't smell the mint any more just clean dog. Maya will tolerate the spray but she hates the brush so I just spray her and rub it in with my hands.

·
Registered
333 Posts
annabelles mom said:
Great picture Ann - they are both precious

Annabelle only smells when it's hot and she's been out running and gets sweaty, but as soon as she cools down the smell is gone.
I noticed that you said "sweaty". I have noticed that Chloe feels sweaty when she runs and plays hard. By sweaty, I mean that her skin literally feels hot and "clammy". Do doodles prespire???

·
Registered
159 Posts
I noticed that you said "sweaty". I have noticed that Chloe feels sweaty when she runs and plays hard. By sweaty, I mean that her skin literally feels hot and "clammy". Do doodles prespire???[/quote]

Bailey gets the same way! After a reall good 500, he feels "clammy" too....I have never noticed that on a dog before!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts