Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone.....wondering if you can all say a little prayer for my daughter
(she's turning 20yr old) as she is having some major knee surgery on Thursday feb 7th.

what concerns me more is 2 things
1. Her severe fear of needles, In the past i was allowed in operating room till she was under but don't think they allow it this time. She goes into major panic attacks with iv's.

2. her blood pressure has been 150/100 for the past 8mos and something about her hemoglobin count? anyway they aren't starting her on blood pressure meds till AFTER surgery.

so i tend to worry a bit more this time with her blood pressure so high which they thought was due to her being in so much pain the past year.
and NOW they're not sure.
her father has heritary heart problem, we've had her tested every so many years. she has signs but luckily they go away.

thanks!!!! i am sure she'll be okay on thursday and she is going to stay with me for a week to recouperate.
and she asked for the BELL i always gave my kids when sick
I dont' think so this time hhahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Best of luck to you and your daughter. Stay calm and keep the faith!! And enjoy her company during her recuperation, as I am sure sure she will yours. Greg

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. You have a ton of support and caring being sent your way from this forum. We will be waiting for news. Stay strong.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much.......i'll be picking my daughter up at dinner time and she'll go to Max's training class with me tonight. i figured it's a good way to distract till tomorrow morning

and tomorrow night i'll give an update as i am sure she'll do well and we will figure out a way to get her blood pressure down. i am so happy she'll be staying with me and i can take care of her to heal better.

G

·
Prayers coming from NC!!!

Annmarie...have a talk with Max...see if he can do his infamous circle jumps....that should get her laughing.

Please let us know when you get her home and she makes it safely through surgery!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ok here's what to do #1 get some treats #2 have Dave approach with a needle in his hand #3 when she reacts quickly give her a treat! After a couple of sessions when she see's a needle she'll relate it to something yummy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I once saw a 350# Offensive lineman for the SF 49 ers who passed out just looking at the IV kit :shock: Luckily two of his team mates were there to catch him before he hit the ground. Here's a well kept secret...shhhh ASK FOR A NICU PEDIATRIC IV NURSE :wink: They specialize in small vessels and have the bedside manner best to deal with young patients. Best of Luck...m

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahhaaaaaaaa MTD my daughter turning 20yr old in a month, is very food oriented so I THINK you may be right hahahahaa!!!

OK we have freezing rain now :evil: the roads are bad so i waiting to
see how they are later to pick her up as we leave in the morning

thank YOU all, i feel things should go well and pray now the ice lets up by tomorrow morning as we have over an hour drive to surgical center
Buffalo is getting hit harder than us right now

G

·
Good luck and prayers for tomorrow!
Make sure the staff knows she will panic with the IV insertion, maybe a little Valium can be ordered pre-op. The Anesthesiologist will need to get her consent, TELL HIM! Also, make sure she is lying down when they insert it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
We will defently keep her and you in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

I understand I do will with needles.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hang in there Annmarie
Prayers coming your way.
Denver and all the cats send lots of hugs and kisses for
a quick recovery for your daughter.......

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annmarie - thanks for calling today, you cheered me up

Prayers heading your daughters and your way - will look for an email late tonite when you get back from surgery

hugs
M

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Aw no annmarie........give her the bell. That'll be sweet!!
Can they put her on an anti anxiety for a few days before? That might help lower the BP.

Definitely PRAYERS coming your way.........Big (((((((((hugs)))))))))

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aw no annmarie........give her the bell. That'll be sweet!!
are you NUTS!? hahhahaaaaaa no way as i'll be about 30ft away at all times and i can just imagine my 3 doodles with her ringing a bell hahhaaa
I'd rather do the TREAT training like mtd suggested hahahhaaa

Mary, you're welcome!!

okay our weather is NOT being cooperative at all neither is buffalo's :roll:
so i am going to drive like a granny as we now have snow covered ice.
should be fun. and i'll post update late tonight

thanks soooo much everyone!!! :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts