Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your Doodles slobby like my Kasper... :? ?

He is allways dirty hehe, and when he drinks from his water bowl there is water everywere, well around the bowl because he drinks with such exitement, and then he will walk away leavig a trail of dripping water to were he goes, which is often to walk past the sofa and use that to wipe his mouth hahaha :evil:

Sure we laugh but I was thinking if he will grow out of it, or if this is just his karakter hehe. I remember my other dog carefully licking her mouth after drinking or eating, hehe not my Kasper :p

Here he is, just after leaving a water stain in my sofa hehe

very happy with the unexpected attention

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh my...Kasper is a cutie! How could you get mad at that cute, little face? I remember that my Damatian was ALWAYS dirty! When outside he always found the mud, dirt, water ect. It's funny that now that I have Angel (11 mos.), I notice that she walks AROUND the dirt and mud in the yard. I appreciate that! I noticed that she is always watching where she walks to make sure she walks far around her own poo! Yeah! Her beard drips water but she's usually done dripping before coming out of the laundry room.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Oh Kasper you are such a cutie...Tanner still drips through the kitchen right to the sofa to wipe his beard clean. He is almost 17 months old...I don't think that habit will change.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Kasper is so darn cute !

Annabelle is a messy drinker, I tend to keep her "beard" trimed short and that helps a lot

Heidi, one of our labs, used to put her whole chin in the water bowl when she drank, when she pulled her chin out water poured out the sides of her mouth like a Whale - then she would find the nearest leg to used as a towel LOL, she did that until she went to rainbow heaven

·
Registered
141 Posts
Charlie is a slob too, he'll track water clear across the kitchen. His beard was just trimmed, but it doesn't matter, he's just as much of a slob.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max Peanut and Beau ALL leave a stream of water from the kitchen to the dining room hahhahaa luckily i have laminate floors and well i take the terry cloth mop thingy wiping the floors quickly about 4 times a day

OH Max USED to try to wipe his wet beard on my lap TILL I Trimmed it down to one inch
peanut wipes her mouth on max or Beau

and BEAU gets everything wet: me, Dave, the sofa, floors hahhaa
and he barely has a beard yet :shock: when he drinks water sprays everywhere hahahaa he sounds like a horse

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha thank you for all your answers, so funny these doodles :)

I guess this is what to expect then, hehe not that it bothers me, I too have all laminate or tiles floors, so mopping is easy,,hehe.

He hasn't drooled though yet... Maybe I have something to look foreward too then... Bwahahaha. I think it is so important too see the funny sides of all this, to keep your mind of all the extra cleaning the you have too do with a big dog around the house :D :D Cant imagine having 3 like some, well maybe it is different if I had a bigger house :p

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby is a very messy drinker...he leaves a trail of water after drinking :) Dex isn't so messy...not sure what causes the difference...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Beau not only drips water...it looks like drool hanging after he takes in half of the water bowl.

anyone else's doodle do this? peanut and max dont' hahhaaaa

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
LOL...............he looks so cute!~! I don't know how slobby they look. Mine is too little yet. But, I'd be willing to bet he'll look the same.......Adorable!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Mine do the same I have heard some have taught their dogs to wipe their mouths after drinking by hanging a towel by the water bowl and everytime they drink show them how to dry the mouth and give a treat. I've never done this but I hear it works for some! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gracielou said:
Mine do the same I have heard some have taught their dogs to wipe their mouths after drinking by hanging a towel by the water bowl and everytime they drink show them how to dry the mouth and give a treat. I've never done this but I hear it works for some! :lol:
I keep a dish towel on my dining room table and they sit and let me wipe their beards, then go back for another drink :roll: hahahaa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts