Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chester isn't much of a drooler or anything but this weekend we took him to a dog park we just found. He was there a short time and his mouth became all foamy slobbery. We gave him water thinking he was thirsty. The next day we went back to the park and the same thing happened a few minutes after we got there. Could this just be one really happy and excited doodle? We've not seen him do this before.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah he's probably just over stimulated. I see this alot at the dog park.
I was at the dog park this weekend with Boone and went up to and petted a yellow lab, who had been following me around due to the snacks in my pockets. I petted under his chin ( like I do with all dogs for some reason) and my hand came back, and awful mess. It was truly nasty! So with no tissues all I could do was wipe it on my jeans <--eww. Then directly into the wash when I got home! I have a few pics of the muddy experience that I will post soon.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi,

When I first heard of a slobbery doodle, I laughed and laughed...I couldn't imagine such a thing! (Of course, I had never heard of it...) Then, as if nature thought to teach me a thing or two...

Chase (Poodle) started getting all foamy and slobbery when we went in the car! Every time...the second we shut the door, he would start. Well, I found out that it wasn't car sickness because there was no motion involved. He was just nervous and upset that we might end up at the vet!

What I found out is that this is one way that they get when they are emotional, such as the excitement of the park could bring.

But one thing that I think you might want to check...has he eaten any weed or plant while there? It could be a reaction to something he ingested...so, just be allert to that as a possibility.

Chase finally has stopped the drooling. Thank goodness!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it must be the excitement. The second time we went he was slobbery before he even had a chance to eat anything. I'm guessing that once he gets used to going there he'll still be excited just not slobbery about the whole thing.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sounds like an excited doodle to me.. LOL Mine have not done that, but maybe just in love with the park. Kind of like whe you salivate over your favorite food. Was the dog park you went to free, or did you have to pay? Are you northern or suthern Illinois?? I am always looking for new parks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts