Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Otto has been boarded for two weeks and has come home biting his undertail, after examination it is red and there appears to be a small lump, like a bite, I have put cream on this spot but he is still itching, he was tret for fleas, ticks and worms before going in, so it is not I think from any of these. Any sugestions?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
what did they feed him when he was boarded?

but if thats not it, my lab got a flea bite (apparently his first lol at 2-1/2 years) and he made a mountain out of a molehile with it. One flea I am sure and he chewed and chewed and chewed. Finally I applied a little cortisone and neosporyn and it went away, took a week. :)
I washed the area first to clean it but did not shave the area as I figured if the hair grew in it would itch and we would be chewing again!!

such babies they are :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like razor rash, I am wondering if he was dirty and they have shaved him? he wont go back there, if I never go away again. This hotel is owned by Pedigree and costs the earth. We paid 3.50 sterling pounds a day just for off the lead exersice, because he would not come back to them they kept him on an extending lead, and still charged for off the lead. They fed him pedigree puppy dry.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
that stinks. at least they could adjust the charge geez.
If he isnt used to that food it could be what got him all itchy.
Many many breeds of dogs don't do well with corn and sometimes wheat. Took a little digging but here are the ingredients to Pedigree Puppy

INGREDIENTS
Ground Whole Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal (Source of Lutein*), Animal Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Source of Vitamin E), Natural Poultry Flavor, Wheat, Potassium Chloride, Wheat Flour, DiCalcium Phosphate, Salt, Brewers Dried Yeast, Carmel Color, Vegetable Oil (Source of Linoleic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, Taurine*, Vitamins (dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate [Source of Vitamin E], Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Vitamin C*], Vitamin A Acetate, Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement [Vitamin B2], Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Marigold Meal, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Added FD&C and Lake Colors (Yellow 6, Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5).

If your normal food is different and doesnt have corn I would make a bet it was just the food and should pass as he gets back on his regular food.

I cant imagine a place shaving your dog without permission. Unless maybe you paid for a spa treatment and salon haircut :)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Could be the corn and chicken a lot of Labs are allergic to these 2 things so your dog may have allergies to them also.

About the fee I would write and complain they might just rethink and send you some money back. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts