Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught Raleigh in the act last nite...Bwahahaha....luckily the stove was not on, nor the pot hot!!! :shock: :shock:

Mmmmmmm...is that spaghetti sauce I smell????

Yup,yup! That's what I thouhjt!!!

Think I'll just have a little sample, before Mom catches me....

Actually the pan was empty just waiting to be washed..I think Raleigh thought he was helping me!!! :shock: :roll: :shock:

Also...FYI..Last Saturday night, Bruce had left a 6 pack of Trident Watermelon Gum on the table....later in the evening, I catch Raleigh chewing something, and removed the contents from his mouth...it was a big wad of silver paper...
Well remembering an old post about gum, I did a search, and found that Callismom had stated that gum was dangerous because of the xylitol in it...we both freaked out, because we thought he had eaten the entire 6-pack!!! So we called the vet, who told us to call the ASPCA Poison Control...(this is where you get out your credit card, at $55 a call, because they are not funded.. :shock: ) At any rate, I went back to the table and underneath some bills and paper, found the gum!!! Whew! What Raleigh had in his mouth was the silver seal to the pretzel container that Bruce had previously opened!!! You know how most men don't throw anything away...hahahahaha...So pay atention to your doodles and what they try to sneak off with, and it will save you a few bucks!!!
Oh!!! Poison control suggested a dab of peanutbutter on a plate topped with a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting...what smart doodle would ever lick THAT??? :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to hear everything turned out ok. Rufus eats anything he can get away with also. Last night he stole a whole raw hamburg pattie that I just made. I only left for a minute and caught him just as he was getting down from the counter and running away. By the time I got to him, he has already swallowed it. I was thinking of setting him up sometime and using the squirt bottle. If I do it enough times I think he'll get the message he's not allowed to get anything from the counter, sink, or table. Caught him one time with a sharp knife he stole out of the sink too.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mary, try a cookie sheet balanced slightly on the counter with a can with pennies in it. A good scare helps. Or just keep the counters clear. Jonah is the official strainer cleaner in the sink in my house, Miko doesn't find it lady like to counter surf.....the jury is still out on Rumor.... :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...those photos are great! I'm so glad Raleigh is ok!!

I don't know why, but Dex stopped jumping up on counters really quickly! Now we are still working no stopping him from jumping up on people :roll: Of course, Kirby is an angel and doesn't jump on anyone (except to give us an occasional hug).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Whew...Glad that worked out ok. Great photos and story. Good for Raleigh and you.

Yesterday Marley went to day care all day and was his usual lethargic self after such a day. But hee seemed extra tired this time. It was snowing alot last night (again.. 3 more inches) so we skipped the walk and just went out for business around 8pm. No problem. Then at 3 AM and again 5 am while I was showering Marley threw up!! It appeared to be the ears and stuffing from some type of stuffed toy. A toy I can tell you did not come from my house. After that I took him outside and after attending to business, he was himself again, frolicing in the freshly fallen snow, not wannting to come in. He seems fine now. I only work a half day today and Kathy left later than me so he will only be alone for about 4 hours.

I do think the folks at the day care do a great job and til now I have nothing but praise for them. My concern is the amount he had in him, assuming he is done expelling toy parts. Two ears that would cover 3/4 of my palm and stuffing in three large pieces. To eat that much he must have been left alone for some time. Something I do not believe is part of the program.. I plan on contacting them this morning to see what they have to say. I hope it goes well because I truly do like them and need the service twice a week. I believe it is good for Marley, and want to continue it for him. We will see what they have to say.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Let us know what they say!!! Boyd ended up in the emergency room over something he ate at daycare. In his case, he stole some sort of fabric and devoured it before anybody saw. The owner of the daycare felt terrible about it but I assured her Boyd is a sneaky thief! :roll:

Glad to see that Marley threw up and did his business - all good signs!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What is with our doods and sneaking food lately? Sandy got into the kitchen cabinet and ate a half a bag of dark chocolates last night - I caught him in the act and I wasn't so nice about getting the hydrogen peroxide into him - 1 tbsp (extra for spillage) poured directly down his throat while outside in 25 degree weather. And me in my night shirt. LOL

He's fine btw - acting like nothing ever happened.

**edit - I take my last sentence back! He isn't having any problems from the chocolate, but the peroxide caused tonsillitis!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Kathie ... Love the sauce sneaking pictures and am so glad Raleigh is okay! Bruce's name came up alot in your post .... hmmmm .... methinks someone might need a lesson in putting things away! :wink:

I know of which I speak .... Marc has yet to realize that Ebbe can reach the spot where he puts his wallet! Or he realizes it and is too lazy to change the spot :roll: So far only a couple of singles have been "Ebbe-ized", I'm thinking the day a big bill goes he'll relocate! :roll:

I finally gave up on his shoes. If she is trotting around with one of his shoes, I'll let her go at it! He kicked them off .... He fell asleep in the "chair of laziness" ... He can run-go-fetch! :evil:

Love him to pieces, but there are those moments ... :twisted:

ooooooohhhhhhh! Almost forgot! Sketti's! That's what my Mom called them when I was little .... we'd have sketti's and meatballs .... have a little memory lump in my throat!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
What gorgeous pictures of Raleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very happy that he did not eat the gum.
Denver has never jumped up on the counter/stove.
He does not need to, as the cats do and knock everything on the floor
for him which, thanks to training, he does not touch.
I do not have nine cats rather I have nine brats and a perfect doodle!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
MaryH said:
Hydrogen peroxide reallly works? How long does it take before they vomit?
After last night I can say for sure that it works... and I'm very glad we did it outside! The heaving started almost instantly. Vomiting within 3-4 minutes.

HOWEVER - if you have ipecac, please use that - its much more gentle on their throat. I couldn't find my bottle and was forced to use the peroxide, and we've been paying for it all day with an irritated tummy and throat. Using chemicals like that can cause tonsillitis which of course can be quite painful - poor Sandy has been dealing with it all day and he has been miserable - I expect him to start feeling better by tomorrow though.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Unbelievable! Great shots!
Thank God the stove was off and he's okay. He's a pretty big doodle! How tall & what does he weigh?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Funny photos catching Raleigh in the act!!
Coco has quit getting up on the counters,
though the trash is another thing....
it is up on a bench and barricaded by the breakfast
table and chairs....but somehow she manages to grab
something once in awhile....

Oh, and yes, hydrogen peroxide is what the emergency
vet told us to do to induce vomiting after Coco ate 91 Tums
out of a new container....
It works very quickly. If it doesn't you can give another
tablespoon....and yes, they hate it,
and you can compensate for spillage....
it does the job when it is needed.
Way cheaper than the ER Vet Clinic!!

Glad both Raleigh and Marley are OK.....What did the daycare say??

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Poor Sandy!! I had to that with my Cocker when he ate one of my prescriptions I was taking for vertigo 6 years ago. The poor guy was vomiting for hours and miserable for 24.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kathie you sure Raleigh doesn't want to be a chef like PURDUE your bird? hahaha remind me not to eat at your house hahaa

i am sooooooo relieved to hear Raleigh is fine and didn't eat the gum!

Kristin you poor thing and Sandy too....hugs to you both and hope he feels better

Right now BEAU acts like he's sleeping at my feet IF and When i eat at the coffee table in the living room. so what do i do? get up to get something and hahhaha come back thinking " hmm i don't remember eating the baked potata skins" I didn't cause Beau before i could blink got it BUT Max ate it up and left Beau a few spud remnants hahahaa so i have porky peanut who's trimming down a piece of a pork chop

Question: is it better to use Ipeac syrup in an emergency and don't you use a TeaSpoon of it? versus using hydrogen peroxide?
i keep both on hand at all times

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I've got it Raleigh......you were practicing to cook dinner for your beloved......ME!! Dad said I can bring the puppy whine!! He also said he hopes your Mommy's back is feeling better today.....he's worried about her!!

Woofs......Miko

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh Miko Sugar.....I'll make 'sketti' for you anytime!!! Do you like garlic bread???? Yummmmm....but you can keep the salad...I don't do salad...only grass and leaves...I'll even serve you dinner on paper plates, and we can rip them up afterwards!!! Whoo hoo!!! No dishes! hahaha...tell your Dad that my Mommy thanks him for his concern....I take care of her too...I snuggle next to her all night and follow her EVERYWHERE she goes!!!
xxxooo
Raleigh! :wink: :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts