Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest, what is the size & weight of your Doodle? Is there a known range that they go by at all?

I'd like to take some measurements of Dulcie & see how she compares to other doodles. She is a first gen with a brown poodle mum & a blonde lab dad, and wondered how this might also effects size/coat etc. [/img]

·
Registered
248 Posts
Uma will be 2 in April and has tapped out at 50 lbs. She looks a lot bigger than she is because of all the fluff, but when she gets wet, she's still pretty skinny. (She's also a 1st generation pup)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max 26in tall, avg 83lbs ...18mos old now

peanut 22in tall, 55lbs....13mos old

Beau 6mos old now...44lbs , 21 in tall

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Marley weighs in at about 50 lbs at 8 months. Not sure on height but he is tall for his age I am guessing..I would say between 26 and 27 inches. I am curious...I will check it tonight. That is head height. Not sure if you are supposed to measure to shoulders or head but I go head..that is the highest part, and if ya wanna know height you go to the top. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well guys, I have tried to measure her - but it was tricky!

To top of shoulder - 60cm/24in (not sure what 'withers' are)
To top of head - 80cm/32in

She is now 2 years & 3 months and she weighs a whopping 88lbs - The vet wants her to lose at least 10lbs. I want her to get back her lovely waist shape instead of the barrel belly she has now.

It seems looking at everyones answers that they do vary greatly, so I don't feel qiute as bad about Dulcie's size, she was alwys gonna be a big girl, but I think if we manage to get off that extra 10lbs, she'll be happier & healthier.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok i remember correctly....Max was 35 lbs at 17-18 weeks old
around 54lbs at 8-9mos ....then at 12 mos till now (18mos) his average weight is 83-83lbs

the chart Linda posts from the web if not i'll repost if anyone wants really is a fairly accurate and good guide to use

Max grew 1 inch between 9-10mos and peanut grew a 1/2
which is the 'growth spurt" i talked about.

NOTE: if you feed a real high protein diet you can cause rapid growth in a dog which is why Large breed dogs are fed a different formula/diet so they grow properly at the right rate
lastly this is why jumping alot, stairs, frisbees, jogging etc is emphasized
to be real lowkey on this for the 1st year
otherwise damage can be done to bones, tendons and ligaments that are growing and stretching naturally.

sorry for the "lesson" hahhahaaa

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
gene said:
MaxandMe said:
then at 12 mos till now (18mos) his average weight is 83-83lbs
So.....I'm going to take a guess and say an average of 83# for Max?? :oops: :lol:
It's these types of posts that cause the Diet Coke to squirt out my nose - very unbecoming at the office... LOL! :lol:

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok OK sooooooo i did a typo...thanks for the support!!! and
wow perhaps i had my 1st blonde moment of 2008 and it only took me till
Jan 3, 2008 to accomplish this feat...not bad if you ask me!! hahahhaa

OK for the record he averages somewhere
BETWEEN 83lbs to 85 lbs

better now? hahhahaa

ps
you'd have a moment if you were typing up a genetic paper/notes :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Ok OK sooooooo i did a typo...thanks for the support!!! and
wow perhaps i had my 1st blonde moment of 2008 and it only took me till
Jan 3, 2008 to accomplish this feat...not bad if you ask me!! hahahhaa

OK for the record he averages somewhere
BETWEEN 83lbs to 85 lbs

better now? hahhahaa

ps
you'd have a moment if you were typing up a genetic paper/notes :wink:
Blah, blah, blah.......admit it......2008 will be full of typos, just like 2007......but that's one of the many reasons we love you dearly!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
and all the laughter I provide? i sure hope y'all find a way to thank me properly hahahaa

YES I FEEEEEL the LOVe!!! hahahaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts