Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 3 month old doodle has diarehha and vomited this afternoon. I got home from work at 11:15am to take him out like I always do. When we went out he had diarehha followed by vomiting up his breakfast that was not digested. I was so worried b/c just last night we found a tick on his neck, which we pulled off. We have had him since 12/23 and already he had an ear infection and now all of this. I am feeling pretty down myself and discouarged about the decision to get him. I feel like I'm not being a good mom....this is our first puppy. We love him and I just want to see him healthy. We go to the vet tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong? I'm worried about the tick also! But even with all of this he is still his happy self :D . It's just his owners who are feeling :cry: !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Cassie,

first of all - don't feel bad at all. Puppies get sick a lot. Vomitting and diarrhea are not uncommon at all, and are likely to re-occur a couple more times during 'puppy-hood'. I know it's scary the first time, but you really shouldn't worry at all. Basically it wouldn't even require a vet visit, unless it continues for longer than 24 hours.

I don't think it has anything to do with the tick, but on that subject - are you using any kind of parasyte prevention (like, K9 Advantage, Advantix, etc.)? This is really highly recommended. Especially with little puppies that haven't had all their shots yet (as some parasytes can be carriers of more serious diseases).

In any case, monitor him for the rest of today. If he seems to be as active as always, eats the rest of his meals with sufficient appetite and doesn't throw up anymore, I wouldn't worry there's really anything wrong with him...

Keep us posted!

Michael.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Cassie, how is your puppy? Better, I hope.
Michael is right on with his advice...pups do get tummy upset very easily and often, generally it isn't too troublesome. Just keep a close eye on the way everything looks and if you see anything too unusual, like blood or black color, or if the puppy can't eat/drink for more than 24 hours, call your vet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi....Thanks for all your replies. You are all so helpful and make me feel so much better. He did have normal stools for the rest of that day and next and he ended up going to the vet for a shot anyways. She checked him out and said he looked great. He has been eating and drinking well too. As a new and first time puppy owner I think I may overreacted a little :? . I just got nervous!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Perfectly understandable Cassie...I am not a new doodle owner and I am still overreacting! :wink:
That just means that you really love the little tyke. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts