·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Doodle family!
Happy Thanksgiving!
My Reagan has been under the weather for a few weeks and nothing could
pinpoint the reason. The vet ran a second round of tests, and today we
got the results. Reagan has pancreatitis. :cry: [I don't know if I spelled it right] They don't know what caused it,
but they think it could be food allergies. The vet told us many many dogs
are put to sleep because it is so extremely painful. Has anybody else
dealt with this condition :?: I feel so bad for her I just want to cry.
Thanks
Julee, Reagan & Lincoln

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shannon
Thanks for the info! I'm so frightened I can hardly breathe but I will give
it a good fight. Being a bad ass is great for times like this! :wink:
Julee

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I feel so bad....I hate hearing stuff like this.....prayers and good thoughts going your way. I hope for the best....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh, please tell me they are treating her and that she isn't in a whole lot of pain!! Surely they can do something for her.
Keep us updated on her condition and how you are doing, too.
Love and Prayers for all....including the vet....for wisdom and inspired ideas to bring healing.
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Julee, i am soooooooo sorry to hear this news and really will say some prayers hoping for the best. Please keep us updated, thank you so much.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Julee, Prayers for you and Reagan!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
So sorry to hear this. The vet considered this when Darwin was sick last week, but at age 1, he thought it was unlikely. Fortunately Darwin didn't have this.
Maybe there is surgery for this condition?
Sending good vibes...
Pam & Darwin

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Still praying for Reagan....and everyone....
Believing for a miracle !!! They happen every day!

8)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Julee please don't make any decisions without consulting another vet for a second opinion.
My Bayley had pancreatitus (sp?) when she was younger and I worried about her so much.
A special diet, some medication and a little time was all it took for her to be 100%. She is very normal now and can eat with the best of them! She has a lighter appetite, but she will, and does, eat the same food as the other dogs.
At the time, they thought she might have Addison's disease, but she tested negative for that.
My current vet said that pancreatitus comes and goes and once a bout is over with it may or may not return...so, don't give up hope and see if you can find a vet with a better outlook on healthy recoveries. Sheesh...put her to sleep??? No way!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts