Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you find it difficult to shampoo your doods and dooettes?

it took me nearly an hr. to do Toby this morning..first a good brushing, then into the shower..first a good soaking then the flee and tick shampoo..follow d by another rinse..then shampooing again with a oatmeal & conditioner shampoo..then blow drying him..surprisingly he hold pretty still for the blow dry..

as soon as i turn my back he s out the doggie door rolling in the grass :?

well, by time i get him back in..it s time for his dose of his monthly flea
treatment..

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We stopped blow drying Dexter. That cut down so much on grooming time :) We use Best Shot Shampoo/Conditioner and it smells so nice that even when he's drying we don't get a bad wet dog smell :)

We use K9 Advantix so we don't have the extra flea shampoo steps. We just wet, shampoo, rinse, condition, rinse and get done as fast as possible :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
We also stopped blow-drying Sam but that was because of his food allergy itchies and blow-drying made his skin even worse...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we rarely ever use the blow dryer....has to be single digit temps for me to blow dry them.

I find taking them into a shower or tub with hand held sprayer on warm
works best :D in fact i usually bathe 2 doodles together with Dave waiting with towels when we're done...then they do doodle 500 runs.

during warm weather we put a fan on the floor and they lay in front of it drying off :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I use the hand held sprayer in the tub on Denver,
like Annmarie does. In order for Denver to go into the tub
we have to lay a towel down first as he thinks he will slip.
As soon as we put the towel down he jumps in , without the towel,
NO WAY will he go in...................
Smart dog!!!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
20 min / dog. Hand sprayer, tub mat. Oatmeal shampoo. Lots of lather and rinse. A quick run with a towel, and i cover the couch with a think blanket. after a shower they jump up and rub themselves for 20 minutes all over the couch. they self dry.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did nt mean i had the heat on the blower..if that what a few of you thought..the blower has a setting for ambient air..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't dry mine either, just takes too long, and Lucas seems to dry pretty quick. I wash, rinse, I try to squeeze as much water off of him and then have a handful of towels on the floor of my bathroom, and rolls around on them... works pretty well!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
i did nt mean i had the heat on the blower..if that what a few of you thought..the blower has a setting for ambient air..
we actually used to dry Dex w/a blow dryer on a low heat setting...it just takes too long so we stopped :)

Todd - Ours are all about the rubbing on the sofa after a bath too!

Sue - that is too cute about Denver and the towel :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH during the dead middle of winter on peanut we towel dry her and then on a low heat will blow dry her about 1/3 of the way
IF temps are 10degrees or colder and i know she's going to need to go potty at least 1 to 2 times.

Peanut has a 2 layer coat and very thick fleece...90% of time she air dries and takes HOURS to dry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts