Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chouette was so matted, with her long coat, that we had to have her trimmed drastically. No amount of combing seemed to solve the problem. I would think I had gotten the mats out and then would find more when I was playing with her. I don't know whether she's just blowing her puppy coat, at 11 months, or whether this is what we'll be dealing with from now on. The groomer we've been using recently left her coat fairly long the previous two times, and the second time she didn't quite get some tangles under Chou's ears. By the time I brought her back six weeks later she looked like a huge ball of fluff, so it was amazing to see what a small dog there was under all that fuzz. Here she is, right after yesterday's grooming job, long spider legs and all:

and here's her sweet face. At least we still have those eyelashes!

I'm sure she feels ten pounds lighter; I just hope she's not too cold without all that insulation!

Leslie

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:) I just posted on your other thread that I think she looks great! I really like the shorn look...I like the scruffy doodle look too, but their softness from being cut short is nice (plus they stay clean!)

·
Registered
670 Posts
She really looks FANTASTIC!! Awesome cut!! :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What a pretty girl! She looks like she's got one of those thick, luscious, curly poodle coats like Tuesday's daddy. Marley just turned 6 months Monday. His coat is slowly changing....it is coming in thick but seems to be "crimped" in alot of spots, instead of curled. Looks like I'm in for alot of surprises the next 5-6 months!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Awww... she looks beautiful!

I was planning to post pictures of Charlie's new haircut. He looks like a giant powder puff. I am embarressed for the poor guy. I took Chouette's picture last time and I thought they knew what I wanted.

I would love to see my boy's face like Chouette's! She has some gorgeous brown eyes. :)

deb

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Judi thanks for that site. I am taking Cacao to the groomers this week and I wanted to make sure they didn't mess her up. And now I can tell them to go to that site. Very helpful.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I was planning to post pictures of Charlie's new haircut. He looks like a giant powder puff. I am embarressed for the poor guy. I took Chouette's picture last time and I thought they knew what I wanted.
ok you have to show us photos now :) don't worry, we won't laugh :wink:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone. I would still like her fluffier and fuller, but it was necessary so that we could get the mats out. Deb, Chou looked like a giant powder puff after the last two cuts, and I decided that I wanted maybe more like a one-inch cut rather than a two-inch cut. What we have here is practically a no-inch cut. I guess that's her undercoat showing. We shall see how it all grows in.

Leslie

·
Registered
593 Posts
gene said:
Tres Chic!!
Oui, elle est tres belle! Le coupe a les cheveaux est tres mignon j'ai croix!... (Yes, she is very beautiful! The haircut is very cute I think...)

Oh man I miss French class this year... 5 years of the language and I'm forgetting it because there wasn't enough interest for AP...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh I'm so proud - I remember enough french to know what you wrote w/o your translation :) It's been several years since college!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:
gene said:
Tres Chic!!
Oui, elle est tres belle! Le coupe a les cheveaux est tres mignon j'ai croix!... (Yes, she is very beautiful! The haircut is very cute I think...)

Oh man I miss French class this year... 5 years of the language and I'm forgetting it because there wasn't enough interest for AP...
Trés bon! Il me faillit me rappeler de mon français parce que nous avons y voyager cet automne pour la deuxième fois. C'était trés sympa, d'y aller!

Moi j'ai pris trois années de français en high-school, et puis à l'université après ça, mais j'ai presque tout oublier avant que je suis allée là en 2006. Si vous regardez des filmes français, ça vous assistera.

(Very good. I had to remember my French because we traveled there this fall for the second time. It was great to go there. I took three years of French in high school and then at college afterwards, but I forgot almost all of it before I went there in 2006. If you watch French films it will help you.)

Leslie

·
Registered
593 Posts
River Rat said:
[quote="Sammy-Doo's Fam":1mm1z2p6]
gene said:
Tres Chic!!

Trés bon! Il me faillit me rappeler de mon français parce que nous avons y voyager cet automne pour la deuxième fois. C'était trés sympa, d'y aller!

Moi j'ai pris trois années de français en high-school, et puis à l'université après ça, mais j'ai presque tout oublier avant que je suis allée là en 2006. Si vous regardez des filmes français, ça vous assistera.

(Very good. I had to remember my French because we traveled there this fall for the second time. It was great to go there. I took three years of French in high school and then at college afterwards, but I forgot almost all of it before I went there in 2006. If you watch French films it will help you.)

Leslie[/quote:1mm1z2p6]

Merci beaucoup, c'est une bonne idee!

We were supposed to go to France w/the school this year (senior year!) which is why I didn't go my sophmore year. But nope, they changed it and we're going to China. I am very excited for the trip anyways, lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts