Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im moving to the UK, hopefully before the new year and I would really love to bring Leno with me. If it comes down to it and I cant bring him he is going to live with my uncle who has a doodle aswell..they are already love him.

Anyway, does anyone have a general idea on about how much it costs to ship him? Some people are telling me you pay as much as it would cost for a ticket for yourself, some say its a lot more. And what kinds of things need to be done before he can fly??

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think that the most important thing to find out is whether or not he will have to be in quarrantine...some have said that they are in a kennel for SIX MONTHS! If that is the case...I'd have some serious doubts...I hope that the info I have heard is wrong, but you might want to check it out to be sure.
I don't know about shipping beyond Canada...sorry.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys...Jac I heard the same and if thats the case he will go live with my uncle. They recently bought a new house with a huge fenced in yard, and they have a doodle. They have a white one, and his wife thinks it would be cool to have a black one too. I would miss him a lot but I know they have a great home to offer. 6 months in a kennel is way too much I think, it would feel like jail, and I dont want to put him through that. Im gonna keep searching around for info and see what I find!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Teagan Park & Rutland Manor in Australia ship puppies all over the world. I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard or expensive to do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shannon...I looked over the website and yea they have to be quarantined for 6 months when they arrive. Along with other things like they must be micro-chipped too. :( As time goes on, I'll just have to think about what Im gonna do

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi, I can't add anything to Jac's info...my vet had told me that the status of being an ISLAND makes places like Hawaii and Grt. Britain tougher to get dogs into than a mainland like the US or Europe, but how about sending a message to our friend and breeder SARAH who lives in the UK and might know what the laws are or might be able to help you find this out on her end?

Also an airline carrier like United or Continental, who both ship dogs and fly on trans-Atlantic flts might have info?

hope this helps! (Hope Sarah doesn't mind my volunteering her, either!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would call Continental Airlines and check directly with them. They have an agreement with the same UK DEFRA - mentioned in this thread. I really think you can do it with no quarantine - USA is definitely an approved country of origin. I heard about this when I was back in Ireland at Christmas.
The link is on the Continental Website under Travelling to the UK with pets
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts