Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how i cant get Charlie's coat to shine a little more? Maybe its supposed to be like this, but its a little bit dull to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i give my 11 month old doodle babies cod liver oil everday in their food - a teaspoon, works a treat and good for their joints aswell!!

some good spray on conditioners for their coat - which have addes vitamins also works well

good luck

Ash x

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi! I would not feed a commercial kibble and too much cod liver oil because of the amount of Vitamins A and D. Fish body oil is a much better choice for Omega 3 fatty acids without having to worry about vitamin toxicity. Just look for a bottle that says Omega 3 or fish body oil, and not liver oil.

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
19 Posts
or try BARF diet instead of normal dry food so much better for them - its a natural way and is actually a lot easier to do than first thoughts!

go to this fantastic website

www.barfworld.com

my Leyla had bad skin and and they both were quite agressive when playing whe they were pups, when we switched to a natural diet they have had no health problems and are doing really well. It is at first a lot to take in and study before doing it 's advice ( who was very helpful) honestly the effects are superb we have healthy happy skiny pups!!

Ash x

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would not feed BARF, but I do feed my dogs raw. I was making the suggestion to the original poster not to feed a kibble-fed dog cod liver oil and opt for fish body oil instead. Most of the fish body oil you buy in the store has a higher concentration of Omega 3's anyway.

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.