Labradoodle Forums banner

SHEDDING

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Taryn L 
#1 ·
I have a 10 month old black Labradoodle that is doing some excesive shedding and is driving my crazy. We clean the floor and about 15 min. later it is full of long black hair everywhere. HELP!
I live in S. florida and thought that he is shedding his winter coat, but this is way to much, I have bought diff, brushes and had my oldest brush him everyday and night but, I have put that liquid on his food that is suppost to help stop shedding like the vet told us and that does help either. I'm even thinking about shaving him down, as I don't know what else to do.
If you had experience, please help.
thanks

#3 ·
Ditto.........blowing puppy coat can drive you nuts!! it lasts up to 2mos
and then it stops completely :D

i sweep daily then, and vacuum 2x a week.
OR you can bring your doodle to groomer and have your doodle clipped down to 1in which helps tremendously or it did with Peanut who has a fleece coat

#9 ·
My F1, Tuesday, is a shedder....right now it is just out of hand!
When she gets this way, I wash her once a week, and brush her while damp (I just towel dry her good). I brush till I can no longer get any hair. I use a slicker brush. Last week I must have gotten a half a waste basket of her winter coat that was buried under neath!
I have found this the quickest way to remove the shedding coat underneath.
Hope this helps someone!

#10 ·
Linda said:
How old coffeeaddict? And what kind of food is he on?
He is six months- and we have gradually been moving his diet from Eukabanna Junior to another brand which is designed for sensitive dogs as the vet suggested he had a week stomach.

He has a really bad rash on his groin area, which she said is indicative of the state of his skin. I am wondering about putting Nappy Rash cream on it tonight and taking him back tomorrow as it seems to be getting worse.

#11 ·
My 9 month old pup is shedding like crazy too! He has more of a lab coat except for the stripe down his back, but he is shedding like crazy. When we first got him at 2 mos. he didnt shed at all, but he started shedding at about 4 1/2 months and has recently started shedding much worse. I let him out of his kennel this morning and the whole floor of his kennel is covered in white fir.
We have the same "fir bunnies" all over and fir all over our dark wood furniture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.