Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Bama is an F1 and she is shedding like CRAZY!! There is black hair everywhere in my house!!! I sweep the floors about 2 or 3 times a day and gather up tons of hair!!! She is just now 5 months old is there anything I can because I was under the impression that these were low shedding dogs and that was one of the main reasons we wanted a doodle!! :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
she might be losing or as they say blowing her puppy fur.
Also you may consider the food you are feeding her?

Max did that at 5 1/2mos and then i brushed him daily which meant more hair in brush and less on floors. I had to sweep daily at one point. after 2mos he slowed down tremendously.

I am sure others here will possibly shed more like that i did ( oh sorry no pun was intended as i just read what i wrote)

YOu can do a search on shedding , blowing puppy fur and read previous forum posts on this subject which may further aid you.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
What did your breeder tell you?

NO breeder can guarantee you a Non shedding Doodle,These are afterall Hybrids, especially with the F1 Labradoodles

The most likly to be non shedding is a F1b Labradoodle and even then there is no guarantees

Puppy coats change,
I have a F1 labradoodle that shed like crazy for the first 2 yrs of her life Now she rarely sheds a hair

There is alot of info on the web and your breeder should have informed you that these doodles can shed

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My breeder was very honest and told me that my F1 would probably
shed. To me it did not matter as we have no allergies.
So we end up with a smooth coat F1 who does not or has not shed or blown a coat yet(he is almost 10 months old)
Go figure :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Thats great Sue

Just to let you know he likly wont shed if hasnt yet
kewl beans
:D its great your breeder told you ,Unfortunatly there are breeders out there that dont

·
Registered
689 Posts
We like to refer to them as "Puppy Puffs".

We have one of those wind tunnel vaccuums and sometimes it looks as if we sucked up one of the dogs.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Vanessa, if I send you the hair....would you do it for me! I am a very incapable single man..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I call the hair the tumbling Jonahweeds! :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
HEY BAMADOODLE

I also have a F1 that sheds. I got her in Alabama so I was wondering where you got yours? Brushing once every three days has helped us a LOT. I agree with the previous post..... No one really can predict if a puppie is going to shed. We still LOVE our doodle!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got our doodle in GA. She is a very good dog..we have 2 little boys ages 2 and 3..she is so good with them. Sometimes she forgets that she is so BIG and knocks them down but most of the time she tries to be easy when playing with them!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kenai is 9 months old, an F1, and just recently started shedding like crazy! I am attributing this to blowing her puppy coat. Before now, she didn't shed much at all.

On a slightly different note, Kenai is a black doodle, but she is getting more and more white/silver hairs all over her body. Has this happened with anyone else's black doodle? Her parents were a black standard poodle, and a chocolate lab.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
When I got Jonah, he was mostly black with some silver white in his face and pads. He now has a beautiful silvery black coat, which I really didn't notice til I got Miko who is solid black with a white bib and end of her muzzle.

Here's how he looked first day at home...

Here's now.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts