Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a question about shedding. When we first got Charley, he never shed. Didn't for along time. We brush him almost every night and hardly got anything out. For the last 1-2 months he is shedding like crazy. I have big piles of white fur all over my house, and when we brush him we get 2-3 handfuls of hair. I know they shed their puppy fur, but, I don't know how long this lasts. Can anybody tell me how long I have to look forward to all this hair???? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
When do they start blowing their puppy coat? Max is 8 months old and so far he doesn't shed much. I find some small balls of (it looks like cotton balls) hair. I am so new to this!!! :roll:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Otto has been shedding for 3 months, he is now 10 months and is shedding a lot, when does the puppy coat come out and when does the adult coat come in?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did'nt even know they would blow their coat - I love the puppy softness does this mean he won't be as soft? We got our lymes booster today and he did wonderfully at the Vet. I have a furminator I use on my cat I hope that will help with the puppy coat coming out then. I have learned so much from the site!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
FURminator Pet Brush

FURminator deshedding tool is a specially designed cat and dog brush. Its unique blade is designed to remove loose hair like no other. Dog groomers love this deshedding brush because it removes undercoat hair from dogs and cats while leaving the shiny top coat intact and healthy. This unique grooming brush is specially designed to dramatically reduce the mess and clean up of unwanted pet hair. There has never been a deshedding tool like this one!
FURminator grooming brush works best with FURminator's grooming shampoos. FURminator is proven to decrease shedding by 60-80% and reduce shedding for about four to six weeks. Every dog and cat lover should have FURminator brushes and shampoos in their grooming kit. Improve the appearance of your pet and your environment with the FURminator shed-less treatment!
Recommended by doctors for people who have allergies

Recommended by Veterinarians

FURminator Product Review
See Pet Photos, a Video for Cats or a Video for
www.entirelypets.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
blueteal, did you know about the furminator or did you look it up? I got it because I had a calico cat who after 9 years we discovered she hates hair - she hissed at all the kids that came to our house who had long hair in their face and licked herself bald - she no longer licks or hisses and when I pick up the brush she comes running - she likes it - I tried it on Charlie and I am so impressed that no hair comes off of him - I love that dog more and more every day. I did go to the country store and have seen the long slicker brush that was discussed - Charlie likes those better because they are very gentle on him.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok how much does one of these furminator? terminator of shedding hair brushes cost?

Max is shedding on and off like a madman now. I just sweep daily for about 3minutes...then brush him and it's alllllll gone. :D

My fiance used to have a dog that if he blinked too hard about 1000 hairs fell to the ground! hahhahaa thank heavens for doodles or my alllergies would be full blown

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Dream Dog Mom

I looked it up but did have something years ago for my cats that was great
can not remember the name of it but this furminator looks just like the new and approved thingy over what I have.

Annmarie check the website I posted for cost.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Does anyone have photos of their doodle before and after blowing their puppy coats? I am curious as to how different they look. Thanks :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts