Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our female is 3 years old tomorrow (10/31) and had a litter on 8/7/06 appears to have lost some hair on her shoulders and tail. We were wondering if this is normal, for a new mom. We knew she would loos some on her tummy but we were just wondering. Her diet hasn't changed but she has stopped nursing the puppies a while ago now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks gang!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes it is very normal. After the mother stops nursing, she will lose her coat. Our dogs coats get very thin and stringy at that time...but always come back as pretty as ever!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
:D I think that being an expert means that you have experienced it once before and it scared the pants off of you...and that qualifies for me!
I am always one to find out that things are really quite normal...AFTER I panic! LOL
But, my girls do look a little sparse after they wean the puppies...I don't know why that happens, but I remember reading that it is normal. And, since our girls did get their pretty coats back, I guess it is! :wink:
Boy, these forums are so great to get help from others who have been through it before...I have been so grateful for the help I have received so far and I still have sooooooo many questions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts