Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to take Maggie & Sandy to the groomer - Sandy has never been because I don't really care if he is cut perfectly so I do it myself. However, I'm sick and tired of slip-sliding all over my kitchen floor after those two take a drink. Its getting hotter outside so the drinking (and slobbering) is only getting worse. I'm considering having them both groomed and faces cut really short - but I'm not convinced I should do it...

So, show me your pictures and tell me how wonderful it is to not have water covering your floors...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I wish I could tell you that muzzle shaving decreased the amount of water on the floor.......but that would be a lie!! They (at least Miko and Rumor) still leave a trail........sorry...... :roll:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gene said:
I wish I could tell you that muzzle shaving decreased the amount of water on the floor.......but that would be a lie!! They (at least Miko and Rumor) still leave a trail........sorry...... :roll:
Well, I highly doubt it will help Maggie, but she's going to be shaved more or less because of her injury and the fact I can't BATHE her (except for that dip in my mother's pool she took yesterday...) Sandy is very "delicate" in his drinking and doesn't like to get wet - So he'd be happier I think :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I have to admit I love the look.....except for on my wooley mammoth Jonah. Don't think I could ever shave the goatee....it's part of his charm. :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I personally LOVE the shaved face look and would love to do that just once on mine

Kristin i know Lynn aka Ellabee and Kari both shaved their dooodles faces
not sure where the pics are......i'll loook and see if i find any

here's a link that shows several dogs with shaved faces and more...they're f1's to f1b's

http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/view ... haved+face

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
we LOVE the shaved faces -- i think they definitely stay drier and cleaner. here's a couple of more recent photos of kumo and ursus.

kumo after the shaved face has grown out a bit (and with some mud on his snout):

ursus right after his very first haircut:

-em

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't like the shaved face look at all! At one grooming session several months ago, the center of Nicky's nose from the nostril area to the eyes was shaved. It still hasn't grown back all the way. the avatar shows the "before", which I like much better.

The last time he was groomed his beard and side whiskers were just trimmed up a little, along with the long hair at the tips of his ears. It's a little neater, but still very doodle looking.

The shaved face look is too much poodle for me!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sandy....come on now...tell us what you really think :p :p :p

Seriously, I like the look a lot but my husband hates it.

If you get Sandy buzzed...we will need pictures :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I don't think the shaved face is as cute as the bearded faces, but it does decrease the amount of water they're able to carry away from the bowl to drip on the floor. Even with my poodles, I think it looks too "poodley" lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm not a fan of it either - but I'm doin it anyway... its SO HARD keeping those beards clean and unmatted when your doodles constantly have their noses in sand and salt water!! So far the many reasons to do it outweigh the one reason not to...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Forgot I had these. Yeah, they do grow back super fast, so no worries! Your doggies will look cute with whatever you do! They're adorable! :D

Here's Boo's timeline:
Nov 25th (We asked for a short cut, but not shaved.)

Dec 16th! :shock:

Feb 2nd!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Wow! Boo's hair DID grow back fast!
While I do like it on other dogs, I'm not sure I'll try it with Tyke - her fluffy nose is so much a part of her personality! It's just such a distinctive "doodle look!" We are getting her trimmed again next week before vacation, and I'm getting her face trimmed slightly, I don't think I've got the guts to go "all the way!" I'll post hers next week!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts