Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another weekend...another situation with the puppy. Tonight my nephew dropped his milk cup on Dunkin and it spilled all over him. When my husband went to wash him down he accidentally squirted the doggy shampoo in his eye. It's so irritated and red. We tried to flush it out and Dunkin keeps pawing at it, its also hard for him to open all the way. He has been sleeping now for awhile and I am starting to think that maybe we shouldn't wait for the vet tomorrow and maybe we should bring him to the animal hospital. Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

Any suggestions on good sensitive eye shampoo for next time?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Aww poor pup! Don't worry though, accidents happen! I wouldn't really consider this an emergency, and the emergency animal hospitals will overcharge you for what you can do at home. Can you run to a 24 hour Walgreens or anything? I would try to get saline eye irrigation solution (for people) and flush it out REALLY well- for a good 15 minutes. Definately follow up at the regular vet tomorrow. But I think its really important to flush it with saline solution.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi...thanks for the advice. That's exactly what the vet told us to do. We needs to flush it out 3x a day with Saline solution. He much better after 3 saline flushes today.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi Cassie, I buy a tear-free puppy shampoo from www.petsuppliesdelivered.com for exactly that reason! I am too careless and clumsy when I bathe our babies and the last thing I want to do is sting them! Our groomer-friend reminded me that puppies and kids do not have the same Ph balance in their coats so a J&J baby shampoo isn't best...the one I use is here: http://www.petsuppliesdelivered.com/sin ... ?id=03104A

You can find it other places, but that's a good price and they have cheap shipping. :D

Also, you can get a $5 discount on your 1st order if you give them my customer no. so email or pm me if you want details on that.

best wishes for you and your DunkinDoodle! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts