Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG we FINALLY got Kirby to shake :) I have to get it on video - it's the cutest thing. Funny part is that it finally clicked that shaking=us being very happy and him probably getting a treat...so now when I put him in a sit, he has started to go right into the shake...haha :)

The 2nd funniest thing is the look on Dexter's face when we get so excited for the shake - like "what's the big deal? I can do that!!"

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
LOL Leslie! :lol:
Anything for food ma!!!
........and they either like paw the air.........or flop it in your hand.....too cute!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We all know that Dexter is the King of Shaking! Still one of my favorite videos on this forum!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Thats great and does Dex get a treat too

Annabelle has to sit before she gets her treat (most of the time) and lately as soon as she sits she offers a paw whether I ask for it or not :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK what's the secret LESLIE? how'd you get Kirby to shake? and i want to see this on video please hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here's a video :) Both of them were quite excited because I had treats for them. As you can see, Kirby picked up Dexter's trick...

and in case any of the newbies are interested, here are our first attempts to teach Kirby shake (please ignore my obnoxious giggling)...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
OK... I really loved the second one! I am in stitches. :lol:

Charlie and Lucky are inseparable and we go through the same thing trying to bring Lucky up to par on his "tricks".

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhh Kirby is finally shaking!! congrats!!!!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK what's the secret LESLIE? how'd you get Kirby to shake? and i want to see this on video please hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa
haha...so we've been trying to get him to do this for over 4 months. We would just pick up his paw, tell him "shake"...shake it, and then either give him a treat or praise. It just wasn't clicking. I started making him shake before I'd throw the toy for fetch...finally something just clicked...haha...

shake is a fun silly command...we are more happy that we have gotten through to Kirby and have taught him something.

G

·
That video is great!!! Dex is just so cute! Maya wil shake with both paws just like Dex.

Annmarie I taught Maya like this. At first you tap thier leg kinda where there dew claws are. Don't pick it up just tap. When they lift give treat. Once they understand they get treats to lift add shake to the command. Once they do this you can move on to gimme 5. Maya's new trick is to gimme 10! I hold my two hands up and she will tap each hand with a paw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts