Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in December , our family decided it was time for another dog after our Australian Shepherd was tragically killed by a train the year before ( a long sad story for another time) . As if our household wasn't busy enough ,(recently remarried and two tenagers still at home ) We went off to the city pound in London , Ontario Canada , and he was the only dog there . They figured he was about 8 mos old .He was found wandering the main city street in December snow and cold . He stole our hearts and even the attendends who said that they try not to get connected with the dogs too much were crying when we picked him up . He is about 50 lbs , black curly hair , Labradoodle , . we brought him home the week before christmas and he was the most lovable docile dog we ever had , unfortunatly it was because he came down with a severe case of kennel cough , we got him to the vet a couple days before xmas and the vet was amazed that we found a dog like this in the pound . after the kennel cough cleared up he was no longer the docile calm dog . He is still lovable but wants to play 24/7 , he had seperation anxiety and destroyed our laundry room , one crate , was into everything, ate everything , , we were almost at our wits end , but we were determined , now after six / seven months he has settled down ito the best dog I have ever had , he is a big lovable doofus ( matches my personality ) we went back to the pound and adopted another 5 year old cockapoo . (a whole other story also) , they are the best of friends ( it took a few days ) . He is truly an amazing dog , is good with kids , barks at strangers , plays with his toys by himself for hours on end , . He still has a few problems but most are minor , and he is welcome to spend the rest of his life with our family the way a dog such as him deserves . After reading quite a few of the other posts about people who have adopted a dog or puppy , take heart , Shadows story is a happy one , I wish there were more happy dog stories
sorry if this is too long , Dan

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey Dan, welcome! I am so happy to see another post that equals the length of mine! 8)
Seriously, I loved your story. It is heartwarming and very touching and I am so happy for you and for your dogs.
I, too, will look forward to pictures!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome, Dan and Shadow! It's so great to hear that you found such a wonderful forever friend at the pound. It's also great that you helped him to get over his illness and stuck with his rebellious stage. I have no doubt that you will be well rewarded for many long and happy years with Shadow as part of your family.

Marty & Jorja

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shadows story

Thanks everyone for your replys , What a wonderful forum this is !
We are a bit technologgically challenged when it comes to digital pictures , but i will see what i can do in the near future .
Dan , Toni & Shadow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.