Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like i post weekly on something stupid Shadow has done . We are starting to feel like the most irresponsible dog owners ever . Sunday morning he was up early vomitting , and then was acting like he had the worst hangover ever . just not himself .eating grass like crazy . Then we discovered what was probably wrong, a chewed up foil container that had a small half burned citronella candle in it , the candle was gone and we are pretty sure Shadow ate it . Our parenting instincts kicked in and we burnt up some toast and were able to get him to eat it , off to the vet again . the good news again , he is ok , no permanent damage , and he is back to his old self this morning . but he seems to be a bit clingy especially to my wife ( his mom ) .

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, that Shadow! LOL

I know that it is very scary...but actually, it is so common with these guys! They do get into just about everything!

You did the right thing. I am glad it turned out okay.

You might want to keep Shadow tethered to one of the adults until he gets a bit older...but I promise that the chewing and getting into things will carry on until he is at least a year old, then it should start to calm down a bit.

You are not bad doodle parents! In fact, I think you are pretty darned good!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The funny thing is he is about 18 months old now , We had a german shepherd who was really bad up until she was 2 years old , so I guess shadow has another 6 months to go . He's obsessed with the Koi in our fish pond now , we put new lights on the pond at night and he can see them swimming around , its just gonna be a matter of time until he falls in the pond . Ill let you know when that happens

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh my goodness! If you had any idea what our doods have eaten! We've been embarrassed to confess, but they are little geniuses at getting into stuff....luckily they seem to have stomachs like goats, too! Though I once pried a butcher knife out of Grace's mouth.... told the vet about it later and he said that once he had done surgery to remove a butcher knife from a lab tummy. Turned out fine, but they can sure keep you running! We routinely scan the zone the doods are in and keep stuff away, but every now and then we miss something. I feel terrible when it happens, but they have stopped eating rocks and chairs, so I try to look on the bright side. I'll bet the koi pond will be an experience!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Farley was barfing in his crate in the middle of the night. By the time I woke up and realized what it was, and what was going on, he had eaten it again (ewwwww). This morning, awake and in the light, I found a piece of the plastic bag the newspaper comes in, that he had barfed up. At least he had the sense not to eat it a second time! But it sure is like having a toddler in the house again...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I always joke that Gus IS part goat. He will eat ANYTHING. He has gotten smart to the fact that I will forcibly remove things from his mouth, so, he gobbles "contraband" items down as quickly as possible. The ironic thing is that he will inspect and carefully chew all treats and food just in case any medicine has been stashed in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts