Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking Otto on Sunday I had an awful experience, a dog kept attacking Otto, it was not with any one and i kept kicking it off but he would not leacve Otto alone, he was trying to mount him for sex, I was terrified, a man saw the distress I was in and caught this dog by the coller untill I could get away, but it ran after us and I went into a garden and closed the gate. The owner came to my help and walked me home with Otto. he said she must be in heat, I said she is a he, what do you make of this?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Angie, I know how terrified you were! About a year ago our chocolate lab, K.C. and I were attacked by 2 dogs, luckily someone heard me screaming and the owner called off the dogs. We were not hurt but I was terrified. Another neighbor had me walk to his house where they let me use the phone to call the police.

To me, this sounds like an alpha male trying to dominate your Otto. The mounting is an act of dominance, even with females, trying to get the other dog to submit. Since he was running around loose he was able to keep persuing you and Otto. Did you have a chance to call the police to see if they could pick up the dog? It is very scary when a dog comes after you and your dog while out. I hope that this never happens to you again.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi, Angie,
First of all, I'm so sorry this happened! Did this male have a collar on with a phone tag? Whatever did you all do about this?

I hate to say this, but the loose male wasn't mounting Otto for sex, but for dominance. That's what dogs do to project their dominance over any other dog -- or over people for that matter. If a dog mounted your leg it's not for some sexual pleasure but to tell you that they are dominant over you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts