Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abby is really turned on to training! She is now 100% on Basic OB,retrieve,give,take,drop,catch,wait,leave it,feet up and hitting the target stick. We are working from the Teamwork Books 1&2. This book was written by disabled folks who trained their own dogs. It's an easy read with good pics using simple effective POSITIVE methods. I would recommend it to anyone interested in teaching SPECIAL behaviors. Abby will be 10 months old next week and I believe is one trick shy of her CGC. :D Of course that one trick is really hard for her. She just has a hard time in the presence of another dog for the meet and greet drill. She just has to PLAY :roll: forgetting EVERYTHING :twisted: jumping, pulling--IT'S NUTZ! I'm having her sit/stay now when other dogs pass on the sidewalk and for now have to hold her in position which is not easy with my Back issues :cry: I know this too shall pass but in the meantime... I have to give credit to Renee who has taken to and enjoys working with Abby. The girls make a great team and I'm sure they will Ace the CGC test. There's a place 90 minutes north of us that offers CGC testing once a month. We will give it a try soon. ,
[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what GREAT news!!! and both your girls are pretty too :wink:

and ABBY will figure out how to calm down soon for that one part in CGC :wink: I am really glad you and renee have gotten so far with Abby's training!! impressive :D

max's one downfall with CGC he can stay still with greet/meet/talk and dogs wait..but have the Tester person walk up to me and talk then ask to pet Max , he loses it every time getting super excited when they go to pet him :roll: same dog can do a 12min lie down in petsmart while i pretend to shop and not move an inch and not whine --go figure!hhaaa

SO MTD......way i look at it, our Doodles always keep us on our toes making sure WE also do our homework in training too

can't wait till you post CGC awarded to abby :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Way to GO renee and Abby!!

I'd like to get the Teamwork Books 1 & 2. Where did you get them??

On the CGC........Bogart passed that, but I swear on the street, he still can go NUTZ too when there's another dog. I was SHOCKED he passed when it came to that particular one. The sit stay or stand over stay works well on walks. :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lindamarie said:
Way to GO renee and Abby!!

I'd like to get the Teamwork Books 1 & 2. Where did you get them??

On the CGC........Bogart passed that, but I swear on the street, he still can go NUTZ too when there's another dog. I was SHOCKED he passed when it came to that particular one. The sit stay or stand over stay works well on walks. :D
Amazon, very fast delivery too!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Congrats, Abby! You do us all proud! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts