Labradoodle Forums banner

Service Dog Organization in California needs Volunteers

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jac 
#1 ·
Linda's topic on service dogs seems to have been timely submitted, for me.

In responding to her questions and reading the other responses, I have decided to post this notice.

We are preparing to launch our non-profit service dog organization...but we do need help from volunteers!

We are currently incorporated as a non-profit in the state of California. Our IRS application 501 (c) (3) is pending. The incorporated name is Canine Service Connection, but we plan to submit a DBA.

So, this is a call to everyone, specifically in California (but not exclusively so) to contact me if you would like to:

1) Serve on our Board of Directors (we need a good Secretary, and we need someone to help us as the Chief Financial Officer, specifically...but would love to have people with dog skills and business skills to volunteer, people with disabilities are encouraged to serve!)

2) Trainers! We are looking for at least one really well qualified trainer...not to train the dogs but to establish our program and to oversee it. This will start out as a volunteer position, but when funding is available will be an essential paid position in the company, we anticipate growth quickly once we launch and we hope to have this position funded within six months, with increases as growth permits. I need someone who is skilled in handling dogs, preferably with service dog training, who believes in training with love and someone who is not closed to new ideas. We want someone who will take our ideas and incorporate them into a training module, then to head the program and "train the trainers". Although we hope to keep this person in our corporation as a highly paid and skilled professional, if someone is merely interested in launching the program as a volunteer, we would be grateful for that help as well...think of how nice that would look on your resume! :D

3) Puppy raisers for the basics (for now, only in northern CA), our program for puppy raisers care does not require the long term, in house, commitment as with most programs...our desire is to place the puppy as soon as possible with the families Your follow-up support and connection with your puppy and the new owner will be valuable to us as well. So, you will not be "giving up" your puppy, only changing to "grand parent" status!

4) In home trainers...you don't need to be an expert...yet! We hope to provide the training for you and the support from our Training Officer...we also expect to have Regional Directors...so anyone with skills, please let me know if you are available. (This may be a position that transitions to/from puppy raiser.)

5) Individuals in California, preferably (at first) in northern California, in need of a service companion.

6) Anyone (from any location) with time and computer skills to help me draft contracts and applications, policies, etc.

7) Donations of all kinds! (Everything is tax deductible.)

Please contact me, via PM, and I will give you other ways to reach me. Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Barbara!
I am glad you asked...and I am going to PM you with more information...but here is our very brief mission:

Canine Service Connection

Ask any dog-lover and they will tell you that for them their dog, regardless of breed, size or color, is the pick of the litter. Here at Canine Service Connection (CSC), we agree.

-Every dog is the pick of the litter for someone.
-Every person has value and can achieve their dreams.
-Working together, the dog and human partners can accomplish more than each can alone. We call this Interdependence and it works!

These are our core values.

Our mission is simple: to create and foster a lifelong bond between person and dog so that each realizes his or her full potential.

#4 ·
Jac...i'll PM you and assist in anyway I can or that you see suitable

#9 ·
Jac,

I've got Canidae food that I don't need anymore since I've switched Napa off of it? Is there a way for me to give it to you and the organization? Let me know! Also, let me know if there's any other help you need. I'm moving to RI for the summer, but I'll be back in Nor Cal mid August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.