Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annabelle woke up this afternoon with her ear flipped up, looked so cute with her little bedhead!
She is in need of a bath so I took a tbs of her creme rinse and put it in a bucket of water and used a miracle cloth rinsed in it to give her a sponge bath and blew her dry, smells much nicer :)

Bed head


All fluffed up and smelling pretty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diane - I'm trying to hold off on a bath for 1-1/2 wks - wanna bath AB the Sunday before Thanksgiving - we're going to the kids for TG and I want to take a clean dog, even though she'll come home dirty - 5 days of romping with Macy & Emma
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Awww Annabelle...you are such a pretty girl!!!!! You have such a great Mama that takes such good care of you and it shows!!! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kathie, Annabelle loved her little "bath" and blow dry. Plus a 2nd combing, already had one after dinner, she is such a joy :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhh Annabelle you are darling!! love the ear too :wink:

i too wanted to hold off baths till thanksgiving week before my parents arrive...get this---didn't tell them about Beau yet ahahahaaa
hey in my family we're known for surprises hahahhahaaaaaaaaaa

anyway bathtime is sunday...peanut is almost at the p-u stage hahhaa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
doo doo on my doodle

what should I expect regarding doo doo getting stuck on the coat on my dog's butt if I get a curly or wavy haired austrl. doodle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Re: doo doo on my doodle

newaustralianlab said:
what should I expect regarding doo doo getting stuck on the coat on my dog's butt if I get a curly or wavy haired austrl. doodle?
A yukky smell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: doo doo on my doodle

ellabee said:
newaustralianlab said:
what should I expect regarding doo doo getting stuck on the coat on my dog's butt if I get a curly or wavy haired austrl. doodle?
A yukky smell.


I suggest a sanitary cut so there isnt any curly hair for the doodoo to stick too

Thanks - I do love my precious Annabelle, I was amzed how well the creme rinse sponge bath worked, got the surface dirt, fluffed up her hair and she just might make it the next 8 days until full bath day, I can always do another sponge bath in between

What a sweet surprise your family is gonna have when they arrive Annmarie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
sani cut

Don't know exactly what that is. Does it have to be done by a groomer or can I trim the hair over there myself? How often should I expect to need that. My okld dog from the pound had hair not fur and never needed anything like that done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,203 Posts
newaustraliandoodle.........you can use baby wipes or you yourself can trim the area shorter so there is less "stuff" to deal with.

me...i keep doodles brushed, trimmed and bathed here at home though Peanut when needs overall cutting goes to groomer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: sani cut

newaustralianlab said:
Don't know exactly what that is. Does it have to be done by a groomer or can I trim the hair over there myself? How often should I expect to need that. My okld dog from the pound had hair not fur and never needed anything like that done
Yup you can trim the area yourself or take to the groomer, we groom Annabelle ourselves so we do her sanitary cut.

I have a friend who has a siberian Husky and she used baby wipes on her :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
Re: sani cut

annabelles mom said:
newaustralianlab said:
Don't know exactly what that is. Does it have to be done by a groomer or can I trim the hair over there myself? How often should I expect to need that. My okld dog from the pound had hair not fur and never needed anything like that done
Yup you can trim the area yourself or take to the groomer, we groom Annabelle ourselves so we do her sanitary cut.

I have a friend who has a siberian Husky and she used baby wipes on her :)
Chouette's bowel movements are usually firm so it's not a problem, but the couple of times I had her groomed at Petsmart seemed to keep her nice and short in that area anyway. It's always a good idea to get them used to trimming and to handling so that if you need to work on them you can. Chouette has learned that if there's something wrong, like a briar stuck to her hind legs, she doesn't have to go nuts because I'll take care of it. At first she was a little wild thing when she got into something that hurt or bothered her, so it's nice that she just waits, now!

Leslie
 
G

·
Annabelle you look so pretty!!! Such a good dog!

Maya gets a bath next Thursday and she is way over do. Best Shot revitalizer is coming out today after doggie class!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top