Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My college tuition is going to be about $35,000 a year in the fall. I am looking for scholarships and will be entering in the HENNET essay competition...

"High School students are invited to enter the Humane Education Network's A Voice for Animals essay contest. To be eligible, you must submit an essay which examines either the mistreatment of one animal species or one cause of animal suffering, occurring anywhere in the world, and possible measures to reduce it. The essay must be typed double-spaced and not exceed 1500 words."

My essay is inspired by Sampson and is about the improper disciplining of dogs. Yelling, hitting, overusing/abusing crate-training... all the negative things.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good sites or could explain their thoughts on how bad discipline can effect dogs. Just so I can put a little more into the essay and make it better!!! If you are a trainer or anything and would like credit, I don't mind citing you!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Pm me for my email address and i'll help you out in anyway i can

and i am sure others on this forum will too

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sessa35 said:
I edited this b/c I realized I didn't make much sense...hehe. :oops: so sorry.

What I want to say is this:

I really commend you for picking this topic and being inspired by Sammy...may your essay come out eloquent and moving--may it win over the judges and get you that assistance, girl! GOOD LUCK!!!

Dogs are our companions because they love us unconditionally and want to trust us in every capacity--for this, and much more, they win my compassion and loyalty right back, unconditionally!!
8) 8) 8)
Thanks so much, the deadline is coming soon. When it's all done I'll post it for you all! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts