Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many hours would you estimate your doodle sleeps during the day, and at how old?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If you mean in a 24 hour period...Tanner must sleep 12-15 hours more or less depending if he goes to daycare that day. The daycare manager says that Tanner sneaks off to an outside doghouse to sleep when he wants to be alone, he actually gets tired of playing. :wink: :wink:

Tanner is 14 months

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. My 10 week old sleeps all the time - at least 15-20 hours in a 24 hour period. The vet says he's a baby and needs the sleep to help him grow healthy. I guess like a real baby. It just seems like so much more then the previous dog I had.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think that Matey sleeps about 16 hours a day. He seems to be a pretty lazy guy for almost 6 months old. He does play hard at times but generally is a pretty mellow dog at home.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver plays hard and sleeps a lot....................
7 hours at night and another 5 during the day.............
He is 17 months old.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hmmmm. I have no idea how much Coco sleeps
during the day....and I am here with her all the time
just about! I know she sleeps about 8 hrs. at night....
she's a rambunctious morning person/oops/dog....
and then she crashes again for a morning nap.
Haven't timed it. I guess she naps again in the
afternoon, plays hard...eats, poops, plays a little
longer with everyone as they get home....then she naps
in the evening....only up again for a little while before bedtime
.....she has been known to do the doodle 500 around midnite....
I think because two of us are nite owls and she stays up with us
only semi-awake~~ until that thing kicks in and off she goes....
she could be over-tired and trying to stay awake and that's why she zooms around....she is afraid she will miss something
fun if she goes to bed.
:?

G

·
I was worried about how much Maya slept too but I read that dogs sleep anywhere between 12 to 16 hours a day. Plus when I want to play I can always get her to play!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I assume Nicky sleeps all night, although I don't really know because he doesn't sleep in his crate or on my bed. He's either next to the bed, in the kitchen, or in the living room while I'm asleep. He wakes me up if he needs to go out.

During the day he usually takes a short morning nap and a longer afternoon nap, but I've never timed them.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ours sleep a lot...probably because we both work during the day and they have adapted to it. Jerry worked from home today and said they both slept most of the day...so...I would guess somewhere around 14 hrs during a weekday - less on the weekend. They're 15 and 16 mos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts