Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we brought Remy up to Maine to meet his grandparents (my in laws). They have wall to wall carpeting and scatter rugs :roll: (all our floors are tile :D ). So I spent alot of time teaching "leave it" and Remy was really pretty good for an 11 week old.

In our home we have one bath mat/scatter rug in front of the shower that we leave on the floor. This morning Remy comes in see the rug and starts to bite at the corner. I tell him to leave it, he looks up at me, grabs the corner and drags this rug all the way out to the living room. :twisted:

I go into the living room and he is trying to hide it with his body. It is all bunched up into a roll and he is laying on top of it with that look on his face, "What?" :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
HAHA...we used to have scatter rugs in our entryway...at some point in puppyhood, Dex started doing the same thing as Remy. We removed the rugs and tried them another time when he was older - he did the same again. I think I gave up on them, but now that you reminded me I'm tempted to try again that he is a tiny bit more mature.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now he only goes in the bathroom when I'm in there. I think the "stealing" had more to do with playing than really wanting the rug. He hasn't touched it since. But we'll see later when I back in there. :lol:

I'm not worried about his playing with it. I could always put it up on the shower door if it becomes a problem.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
annabelles mom said:
I kept bathroom doors closed when AB was a puppy, once she got older she never was interested in the rugs
ditto that is what we do. Cacao doesn't really mess with them now.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max never touched throw rugs or bathroom rugs

Peanut put a beautiful 3 by 7in hole in a wool throw rug :roll:
(as a small puppy)
and BEAU deseamed 2 wool throw rugs :shock:

NOW they leave them alone :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts