Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their doodle keep rubbing their butt on the floor after a sanitary cut? Do you know why Napa's doing it, and if I should be alarmed- aka needing to go get a carpet cleaner? I've never had this done on Striker, so its all new to me. They did cut him close, which I'm assuming is the point. So perhaps he's just not used to feeling air down there, so its itchy?

Help!

Oh, and p.s. what should I do when he's itching. We're introducing him to Anthony's extended family today, so perhaps trying the sanitary cut last night wasn't the best idea! HAHA I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
he may be itching from the shorter hair. When Dex had his butt shaved he kept licking and chewing at it so I think the shaved hair bothered him. If it keeps up I would be more concerned, but I bet he misses his hair (esp if it just started since the cut).

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sometimes when they get trimmed too close they get razor burn. I have used a bit of cortizone cream or benedryl gel for a day or two. Now I always ask the groomer not to trim too close.... :x :x :x

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I think I'll have her do that the next time. He seems awfully itchy!!! But I see this as a nice learning moment, so I'm by no means bothered by the job they did..... I'll take a better look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's going on down there.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
As I said before in another link.... we used regular old noxema at the grooming shop that I worked at. It works great on razor burn and is safe for the dog to lick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts