Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for our second vet visit today. He is 13lbs 10oz. I would have guessed closer to 16, but oh well - he is growing! He got his second set of shots, plus the lyme vaccine. Vet said he looks great!

I completely forgot to ask, but when can I start walking him? My best friend lost a puppy to parvo and he's got me really paranoid. He is vaccinated as much as he should be at 12 weeks. I'm dying to start walking him to burn off this puppy energy!

Thanks for reading! And here are the obligatory pictures for the week!

Annmarie was right... The devil hath shown himself

Who ate it... wasn't me!

Ok, I'll sit, but you better make it worth my while!

This one is for Gene - I think it was you who mentioned taking periodic photographs of Sandy on this pillow?

Well, I couldn't quite get him to hold still - but here is 4 weeks later!

And no post of mine is complete without a brag about my human child. I think I've mentioned before that my daughter is pretty hardcore into gymnastics - at age SIX. Anyway, she was in the living room practicing her routine for her big show next weekend, and she decided to start trying to walk on her hands. She nailed it!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Great photos :) We were told to not start walking Dexter until 2-3 days after he received his final shots (which were at around 14 weeks if I remember correctly). I remember being very anxious to start the walks! Have you been walking Sandy around your yard/house on a leash yet? It took Dex awhile to get used to the leash - you may want to start now just around your house.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh NO! Not until 14 weeks? Yikes! I better quadruple my puppy proofing in my apartment! Not to steal your post, Kristin, but anyone have any ideas about how to spare my puppy from evil illnesses in an apartment complex? Will taking the puppy outside to do "business" threaten the well-being of the puppy? I'm so scared about the parvo virus, too. Should I try to litter train my puppy first, and then outside train?

There's been an abundence of puppies running around my campus, as well, and that makes me equally as nervous.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gene said:
Kristen.....I'm waiting for the picture of the pillow half IN Sandy....that would make Jonah proud!! :lol:
and it would make Annie cry! :lol:

Tell Jonah that Sandy has bigger aspirations then the pillow - he's been going after the side of the couch ;) :roll: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to say how adorable both Sandy and your daughter are. I was never good a gymnastics, although I did try. Wish her luck in her show! With that type of determination, I'm sure she will do great!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

My vet said that Dante wouldn't be fully immune until 10 days after his shots at 16 weeks. Since we neutered him at 16 weeks waiting the extra 10 days wasn't too hard as he had stitches and needed to stay dry and clean and somewhat quiet

Heather

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn - 4 more weeks of this? I can't wait to burn his puppy energy!

Well, he will have to deal with our walk to the bus stop (2 houses over) every day. Ack!

Thanks to those who looked and commented. I love my two babies!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Kristen, you should be very proud :D Your 2 babies are precious :!: Sending Annie cyber vibes for a great performance next week, I bet she will ace it :)

I wouldn't walk Sandy in public until after his final shots at 16 wks, sorry :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
omg SANDY looks like a stuffed animal :D :D and i love the little tiny devil dancing in his eyes behind his cute smile like mouth!!! i could hold him hug him and squeeeeeeeze him hahhahahhaa

ohhhhhhhhh early am puppy fix mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ahhhh Kristin - thanks for posting the updates. ...

And Annie on her hands - YAY! Good luck to her next week, she'll have a blast! :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good luck, Annie...what wonderful talent you have!

I agree with the others, wait until several days AFTER the final shot. Its a tough wait, but worth it.

Gosh, Sandy is a darling puppy. She looks like those little stuffed Labradoodles...except that you can see that she is very much into figuring out what to do next! LOL

Kristen, it is tough knowing how to handle a puppy when you live in a complex like that, but my vote would be to start with indoor potty time because if you take your pup outside, it will be very difficult to not let her run and play. Unless...you can find a place that you can carry her to, that you believe would be a place dogs don't normally go (tough thing to imagine...they go, and they mark, everywhere!)

I know that some people think that we go overboard in our protectiveness...but I'd much rather be teased for that than to watch my puppy suffer with Parvo.

We are dealing with Kennel Cough right now and that is bad enough! By the way, make sure that your puppy has been given the bordetella nose drops as early as possible. They can be given at 2 weeks.

Kristen, good luck with your paper!

·
Registered
689 Posts
All my co-workers send a huge AWWWWWWWW over to Annie and Sandy. I was just checking in an couldn't resist sharing with anyone who walked by.

BTW Annie is impressive...I can barely walk on my FEET!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts