Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone....thought i'd start a post for Kristen as she is on her way to the airport now to pick up Sandy in a little over an hour. I do believe she's a nervous wreck with excitement hahahhahahhaaa!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
How exciting. Brings back memories of going to pick up Austin then Olex. Make sure to cherish those forst moments, they go by so fast. I hardly remember now what it was like for Austin to be small again. I look at pictures and see the things he was able to crawl under. Now I have to laugh because he couldnt even get his head under some of the things now. Can't wait to see more pictures.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi Everyone! Thank you for the support! What a runaround I got tonight!

But he's happily asleep right next to me as the pictures below show. I'm sleeping on the couch with him tonight... well, if he'll move over anyway. He peed in his crate but never once pooped until he got home and on mommy's white carpet. But its ok :) totally expected! He is worth every minute of stress I had tonight... I just love him! I don't have the heart to make him even sleep in the x-pen after the day he had.

He slept on my lap the whole way home, then when I dropped Chris off he stayed on the seat next to me with my hand on him the rest of the way. When we first got in the car at the airport we drove a little while and I was so upset because he looked like a complete wreck and I begged him to just look at me and let me know he was ok... next thing I knew he looks right up at me for the first time and rested his head right on my chest, staring straight up... I fell in love immediately! As soon as we got home he woke right up and turned into a frisky puppy for about 15 minutes - clicking his teeth and nipping and licking anything that moved. Once we were settled in I picked him up and brought him to the couch with me - he promptly fell asleep and is crashed in MY spot. Silly pup! In fact - his head is on my pillow!

Here are the pictures I know you are all dying for - Of course there will be a ton more in the morning when Annie gets home!

Thanks again everyone!

Here he is when we first got home checking out the play pen...

Diggin mama's soft blanket...

Yup.... I'm home!

Thanks again everyone!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
YAY Kristen!!!!! He is sooo sweet! Thank God your ordeal is over, and everyone is home safe and sound! Congratulations!!!!!
Can't wait to see Annie and Sandy together!!! :D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Congrats Kristen! A little tear of joy is rolling down my face. Sometimes the difficult starts turn out all for the best. Hmmmm, white carpet and doodle. I see many "stories" in your future. So glad for you all!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Thanks everyone! I took Sandy out for the last time last night around midnight and he peed, then I put him in his crate until 6:30 this morning and he made it all night without a single accident! I brought him outside and he peed right away. Good boy!!!! He got a cookie before breakfast for that! He just chowed his food and I'm going to let it sit a bit before we start playing - lets see if he can poop outside now :)

He is AMAZING - his tail is still between his legs for something new, but once he gets comfortable it goes right up :) More pictures to come once Annie gets home!

Kristin

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh Kristen, I'm so glad you had a good night with Sandy. Beautiful pictures :) He looks so happy and content, I'm sure he is thinking "yesterday was all worth it" :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kristen.......CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! and CONGRATS TO LYNN TOO!!!

kristen...i melted completely this morning when i saw these pictures!!
hahahha how many of us have let our NEW doodle baby sleep with us the moment we got them? and they always go for your pillow! Doodles know comfort when they see it!

Sandy is going to he a hard one to say No to hahhah look at those eyes and little button nose :D :D

So glad you are home with him and can't wait to hear about Annie's reaction.

I fell asleep last night and well must say this moring this is a great puppy fix with my coffee

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lynn....any more pics of DEXTER??? come on post a few more. Please. I love getting a puppy fix or rather a double one!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
OMG if I wasn't in love with him before I sure am now... What an amazing little pup - he is SO good with Annie (even though he likes to eat her hair) and she is so good with him! She doesn't even mind all the puppy nips he's been giving her! He just LOVES this bone shaped tennis ball thing I got - he isn't strong enough to squeak it yet but Annie is and that makes him VERY happy! He can't keep his paws off of her - if she turns her attention away for even a minute he starts batting at her with them - currently he's chewing on the bottom of her sneaker, and yes its while her foot is in it!

We are in love... completely and totally in love...

Off to our first vet visit! Pictures to come later - we're too busy loving on him to take any!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ok just ONE more picture today... More tomorrow of course ;)

We went to the vet - Sandy is up to 9lbs 8oz, then we came home and stopped at Annie's best friends house - they played that poor puppy out inside, then brought him outside in the rain to go potty and played him out outside. They all came in soaked so I brought Annie and Sandy home, got Annie in her nightgown and put Sandy on the couch... I walked out of the playroom to get Annie a snack and came back in to find Annie practically comatose and Sandy.. comatose!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts