Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyke went on her first boat ride today! Here she is in Big Bay Creek at Edisto Beach (believe it or not, that beautiful yacht in the background belongs to a client of ours!). Tyke LOVED it! We didn't push her to go swimming just yet, because the whole experience of being on the water was a big event for her, and I didn't want her to be afraid of water! This is a pic of Tyke sitting with her Daddy!

She is fast asleep now! She had a great time! [/img]

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ahhh... I sure hope Charlie likes the water this summer. We'll be heading for Hilton Head - not far from you!

Deb

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our boat pretty much looked like a dingy next to that yacht! We cruised by hoping for a tour, but no one was home!
I'm so glad Tyke took to the ride like she did - a couple of times she went down into the cabin on her own for a short nap - she really felt at home! Most weekends we are on some boat or another, and now that Tyke has her "sea legs", she can go with us!
Deb, let us know when you are down in our "neck of the woods" - we are just barely an hour away!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
OMG What a yacht! That is great Tyke had a good time. Maybe next time in the water.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Kim, I will be sure to let you know! It will be late July or August - the hot and humid season. 8)

Deb

G

·
Tyke,

Aren't boat rides fun??? I liked it when I went with Mommy on boat rides. Just dont jump out of the boat when it's moving....Mommy will get worried!!!

Woof
Maya

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
L's Mom said:
Way to go Tyke!

Kim- Isn't boating more fun with a DOODLE???
It sure is - It's such fun to watch her see things for the first time - like pelicans!!! She was fascinated with those, but she just barked at the seagulls!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
tykesmom said:
L's Mom said:
Way to go Tyke!

Kim- Isn't boating more fun with a DOODLE???
It sure is - It's such fun to watch her see things for the first time - like pelicans!!! She was fascinated with those, but she just barked at the seagulls!!
I agree, the first time Lucas saw a Blue Heron... you would think the whole world had just stopped!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
how cute!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
We are planning to take Lincoln out soon on our pontoon however if he is in the water we have to watch out. Fla doesnt have friendly rivers with gators and bull sharks YIKES! I think if he goes in it will be with us right off of a little island.

Michele

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FloridaMama said:
We are planning to take Lincoln out soon on our pontoon however if he is in the water we have to watch out. Fla doesnt have friendly rivers with gators and bull sharks YIKES! I think if he goes in it will be with us right off of a little island.

Michele
No kidding, Michele! We don't have the bull sharks, but we definitely have the gators! We're going to be VERY careful with Tyke when she does go swimming! Have fun on your boat ride Lincoln!! 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts