576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

And he loved every bit of it!

Here she is in the snow today.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is forever trying to climb on top of his head if he's sitting on the floor! She doesn't do it to anyone else. Crazy dog! Sorry if I scared anyone...I knew it would make people look! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
alright, you scared the poop out me too hahahhaa

cute pics! :D both your son and sadie!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Scared me too. Also--not sure if this is a problem, but you may want to watch that behavior as Sadie may be trying to dominate your son. SOmeone with younger kids (one of mine is an adult and the other a teen who is bigger than me) may want to chime in on this, but we learned the hard way that behavior that may seem cute and non-problematic with a puppy may be a problem when the dog reaches 70+ pounds.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Well ya got my attention!! :shock:
Poor sadie........so wrongly accused.....lol........
She is soooo pretty!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Was not sure if I wanted to read this post as I was
also scared by the title...................
Glad it was a good thing..........

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
sessa35 said:
well,
count me fooled too...SOOO glad that wasn't the case! Phew!

CUTE photos!!
Sadie Fern is adorable!!
THANKS for sharing!! :D :D :D

P.S. Not to be a downer, but I have to agree with Ronnie :oops: I'll only be on the soap box for a moment and I say this from the bottom of my heart---allowing this behavior early on as an acceptable form of play only makes things harder down the road...the reason she does it to your son (and no one else) is #1 b/c its probably when he is down at "her" level and #2 b/c she sees him as another littermate/playmate that CAN be dominated (unlike the adults which exude more dominance at the moment)...When you watch dogs play with each other, it often involves a lot of "pinning" or "getting on top" of the other....I just think perhaps there are LOTS of other games for the two of them to play that will foster good behaviors in the future! Sorry, again, for being a busy-body....GOOD LUCK!! :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D
I agree,,,you truly need to Nip that behaviour ASAP or one day it wont be in Jest when you post about this behavour,,correct it now or pay for it later :shock: :(

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are teaching her DOWN and giving her a gently shove down when she does stuff like this...I just happened to be shooting her three month old pictures when she did this and couldn't resist!
Puppy obedience classes start on Monday. Not soon enough! She's really a very docile, submissive girl and just loves to lick our faces and hair off!
I truly appreciate the advice!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts