Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, we adopted Lizzie and Louie from a wonderful couple in August. They entrusted these wonderful dogs to us because Peggy was suffering from a rare kidney disorder. They could no longer care for two busy doodles. It was our lucky day when these two wonderful doodles came into our lives. This week Peggy had surgery to hopefully give her a better quality of life and perhaps prolong it. I have just received news that she has passed away due to complications from the surgery. She was 55 years old. I will always remember her and her special gifts to us--Lizzie and Louie.---Kathy

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Very sorry for the loss of someone who gave
you such a special gift. I can relate as I lost my only sister(5 years ago)
at the age of 57.

Sue

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
How wonderful that she held you in such high regard as to take over the care of her dogs...please accept my condolences.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i am so sorry to hear of this news. and hope the family is able to recover sooner than ususal.

NOW on the other hand i am glad they entrusted you with Lizzie and Louie who are not NOW grieving for Peggy as i am sure they have well adjusted to you and your family. That had to have been hard on Peggy at the time to give them up and luckily god blessed you with these loving doodles.
so rather than grieve, i tend to reflect saying Peggy had a heart of gold and really loved her dogs tremendously giving you a chance to share in the love she once had.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
My deepest sympathies to you and their family....take comfort in knowing that she was able to enjoy Lizzie & Louie for the time that she had them, and pride in knowing that she trusted you enough to give them such a loving home...

G

·
My deepest sympathy to Peggy's family and friends. I am sure Peggy is smiling from heaven right now knowing that Lizzie and Louie are happy in their very special forever home.

God bless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts