Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like a seasonal allergy to me, but I'm not an expert. Now is the time for the pollen to start, so maybe he's allergic to something that pollinating right now? Does he chew on his paws any?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
After reading some dog allergy sites:The other symptom Kahlua has is rubbing his face on the couch BUT he only does that after he drinks (I thought he was trying to dry off) but maybe it is allergy.
you know...Dexter has always done this. I don't know at this point if he is itchy or if it's become a habit (from before we got his food issues settled).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Can dogs get colds or flu? I didn't think they were susceptible to the same germs as us BUT I'm just recovering from something nasty that lasted about two weeks. For 3 or 4 days of that time, Charlie also seemed to be congested and sneezing. He recovered a heck of alot quicker than I did.

Deb

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sampson sneezed a lot the other day, like 5 in a row but he doesn't seem congested...
He likes to rub his face on my leg as well...

Maybe we all have Doods with seasonal allergies???

·
Registered
248 Posts
Uma rubs her face on along the sofa after eating. It looks like it feels good, so I've never worried about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My pup had exactly the same symptoms 2 weeks ago.. I called my Vet.. She suggested 1/2 Benadryl 2X a day..
After 3 to 4 days, he was doing so much better.. no more runny nose or sneezing...
Hope this helps..

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
dogs can get allergies and also YES they can get colds/flus

call the vet and see if giving bendryl with correct dosage might be way to alleviate symptons?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's probably allergies. By the way, you can't pass colds/flu between you and your dog. He could have gottens something from one of his furry friends but not from you.

If you want to give him Benadryl - the correct dosage is 1 mg per lb of the dog and they're usually 25 mg per pill

Hope you're both feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am comin' in a bit late, but... Lucas did a funny sneezy thing a couple of months ago, he acted totally fine except the sneezing... and after about a week, it just went away...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts