Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per recommendations on this forum, I invested in the Andie's clippers, model AGP. Paid $144 from a website with free shipping. His coat is so thick, that using my old clippers was like trying to use kindergarten scissors!! :shock: It's still no easy task. I work on him til his butt becomes a floor magnet, then we break for a few days. By the time I finish him, it will be time to start again. Hopefully, my cousin will be coming over Sunday, so we can get him on the table so I can attack those feet of his.
I gave Miko a trim the other day, but I want to take her a little shorter so she's not such a swiffer duster......

Rumor before

First attempt

work in progress

So far today

What a handsome face!!

Rumor says....."Ladies, can I pencil you in for dates?? I promise a wonderful romp, and many treats furnished by my Dad!!"

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENEi have respect for anyone who attempts clippers on curly haired doodles!!

Rumor Looks AWESOME.........keep up the great work!!
and rumor is sooooooooooooo handsome, i love his face and loopy tail

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wowie! Great job, Gene!
Rumor you look faaabulousss da'ling!
In fact, except for Nito's silvering, Rumor and Nitos could be twins! (And I happen to think that is a compliment!)
I have the same trouble you do with grooming...it is a HUGE job! I have just decided to do sissor cuts and they look bad! But it gets their coats down to a good length.
The last two nights I have been up until 3 am, clipping my sleeping Poodles...one more to go tonight and then I start on Nitos, Rosie, Sherwood and Gerry...I am here to tell you that the F1 coats are looking better every day! Give me light shedding in exchange for this thick coat any day! (Bayley and Lexie have perfect coats!)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you Jac! Jonah is a zip zip, clean up the butt, brush and done! I did scissor cut Rumor's head, he was really good with that. I have some spots I still need to get to, but all and all....much better than before.

BTW Jac....Rumor has become my little butt bumper, especially when I first get home from work!! Maybe they share bloodlines! :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
gene I'm totally impressed. He looks fantastic.

Rumor you look absolutely wonderful....what a handsome face you have.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
wow Rumor looks great Gene!

Jac - did you add more doodles to your signature? :shock:
Ah, yep...I felt that I should update to include my two in the Avatar. :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Gene ... Rumor looks great! Ebbe said, "Hubba, Hubba!" You're a brave man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts