Labradoodle Forums banner

Roughly 1 month later

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Paintsmeblue 
#1 ·
Thought everyone would like to see the growth we've seen in 1 month.

1 month ago.

Today

Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well.... I'm nervous about his coat. So far, its been surprisingly easy to take care of. His coat is fleece/wool. I'm seriously scared that he's going to go to the groomers and be matted. However, when we brush him, and we look at his coat, it doesn't seem to be matted. How can you tell if they're matted?

#6 ·
Wow, he has changed a lot in such a short time! He is still adorable though!
Don't worry about matting until he gets a little older...usually around the time he blows his puppy coat. Just keep brushing him (actually a comb is good too) and you will feel if he mats because they are very firm "clumps" of hair. It is pretty unmistakable.
He is a beauty!

#7 ·
oh Napa is so cute! his hair color is so cool - that mix of blond and brown and i love the liver nose :)

Dexter has a fleece coat and he didn't have any matting problems until around 6-7 months. It seems his matting may have finally stopped. He's 14 mos old and I haven't found anything in the last month. We try to brush him well, but he just doesn't sit very still so I do the best I can.

#14 ·
Thanks. I found that bed in the closet. I took it away from him after I had to wash it because he's a lint eater, and I didn't want him to eat it. So that's why its still around! It's going to go back into the closet to preserve for another month's worth of growth!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.