Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a Robocut to groom their Doodle? I'm on the fence about grooming myself or taking Murphy to a groomer. It seems like the Robocut would make it pretty foolproof.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
is that like a Flobee?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MaxandMe said:
is that like a Flobee?
Yep, but supposedly better.

It seems like it would be so easy to use, and way cheaper than going to the groomers all the time. I just can't decide which route to go, the groomer or the robocut. I'm such a do-it-yourselfer for most things I just have a hard time shelling out the dough for the groomer if I can do it myself.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
for me since the most i have would have to bring peanut into the groomers 3 times a year...I let them do it as she has a shaggy wavy fleece coat...if it doesn't get cut right it looks choppy.

I do lots of research myself before making decisions....keep us updated on which one you do and post pics please..thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased a Flow bee not too long ago and used it on Buster. It worked fairly well. I discovered that because his coat is so thick I had to do the cut in stages taking a little off during each cut. If I did not do this the trimmers sounded like they where working too hard. However, this worked to my advantage because Buster would only sit still just long enough for me to do one pass over his body before it was play time again. Buster has a Fleece coat so I'm not sure how to go about it on other coats but with Buster I had to lift up the trimmer head and let it suck up the hair then place it down to cut. I'm sure the more I do it the better I'll become, anyway I was able to purchase a used unit for $40 from the Flow Bee web site. It's worked once so it has paid for itself already. I hope this helps. Oh FYI since Buster was a pup I have been rubbing him with my beard clippers and letting play with the vacuum so we did not have to over come a fear issue. You can see the dew below. It is still on the long side but I did not want to get him too short before winter.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
NICE job!!! i know someone that uses a flowbee on themself and once let them try it on my boys. It works well and i often wondered if i could use it on Peanut since she too has a thick fleece coat like Buster!

thanks for sharing the pic.....Buster looks great
and for sharing this info too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback! The website seems to indicate that the robocut works better, so if I ever make up my mind that is the route I'll go. I just can't decide what to do, it's hard enough to get him to sit still so I can brush him, I don't know what he'd do about the robocut coming at him :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts