Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Riley is a little over three months old now! She is such a great dog. All of the things I learned reading this board really helped in the last month. House training went VERY well and she has been without an accident since a week after we brought her home. I am working with her on basic commands and she has sit, sit up, lay down mastered pretty well now. She loves playing fetch and will bring whatever you throw right back to you and lay it at your feet. She still has numerous run ins with our cat which causes a doodle romp throughout the house for 10 minutes or so! Here's a couple quick pictures from today playing in the snow after school with Samantha:

She is getting big fast! Almost 30 lbs at three months. Shes looking more like her dad all the time with the long legs and deep narrow chest. I will try and get some better pictures when I can. Thanks for all the help on raising my little girl :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I sure love seeing these pictures. Is it any wonder Doods are addictive! So cute, thanks for sharing.
terri lynn

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Your daughter looks soooooooo happy with Riley!!! congrats again and wow sounds like Riley is doing GREAT, though i'm sure your cat would beg to differ :wink:
Riley is gorgeous

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice replies :) Riley is doing great in many ways but still has some problem areas. She plays way to rough with Sam and does a lot of biting when playing with those needle like puppy teeth! And she will shred anything made of paper she can get a hold of. I couldn't even count how many rolls of toilet paper and paper towels she has demolished. And then of course there are the socks lol She never goes after white socks but really prefers Samantha's pink and red ones. One thing I wanted to ask is, Riley will not go down the stairs? She goes up no problem but will absolutely not come down. This makes the cat quite happy but is this normal? Thanks :)

Jon

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Jon, thanks for the great pictures :) Your girls are adorable :) Riley will come down the stairs in time. It's best she's not going up and down the stairs a lot right now anyway with those growing joints. As for biting, this is one of the hardest things to teach when there are kids involved. This is something the whole family has to know how to deal with, otherwise, Riley will get mixed messages. Children tend to scream and run when a puppy is play biting and tugging at their pants, in Riley's world this means playtime and it's all a game. He needs to learn that puppy biting is not acceptable. Have your children stand like a tree when Riley starts biting at their pants or if he is chewing on their hands, have them give him a toy he can chew on. As an adult, when you see Riley biting, take his nose in your hand, turn his head and in a loud voice say "EH" or something short to the same effect. Pretty soon, all you will have to do is say "EH" and he will stop what he is doing immediately. Good luck :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts