Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2 doodles sound like they're going to pass out from heat exhaustion...all we did was play a short game of fetch and go for a 1 mile walk and they're panting like CRAZY. I think the high was around 90 today - totally insane.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
It was in mid 80's here but sooooo humid till we got severed scattered thunderstorms. I am so glad Max and Peanut have bones to chew right now

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MaxandMe wrote:
severed scattered thunderstorms.

They were feeling a little "cut off" from the other storms??

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahaa Actually GENE and LESLIE they were like severe yet SEVERED storms till an hour ago.

They'd start, thunder pour like crazy with lightening too ...then stop 15min later........then again...and again and again...then stopped
got super calm and OMG the thunder was so loud is scared me! hahahaa

·
Registered
141 Posts
Heat

This heat here is insane. I even gave Charlie a bath outside Sunday :D I just got the notice to send the kids in the full fall/winter uniform on Tuesday. Hope this heat breaks. My boys will be sweating in long sleeves and ties. Molly is always cold so she will be fine. I am tryig to get a photo of all 4 kids and the dog for Xmas cards any advice on how to get them to all look at the same time :D It is having me work up a sweat!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
HOT????? Bwahahaha...when I left NH this afternoon with the first miserable cold of the season (and hopefully the last) it was 58...I left in jeans,sweatshirt,jacket socks and sneakers! Upon arrival in Ct, it was 83 and HUMID!!! Acck! Those clothes came off in record time and the air got turned on!! It's always amazing to me the difference in temps 3 1/2 hrs can make between the two states!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I think I have only had the A/C off for 3 days since April - I'm so tired of HOT, feel like I'm living in Florida again :shock:

Erin good luck with the Christmas card photos - as for Charlie, have someone stand behind you with a treat, not sure if that would work for the kids :wink: Maybe the promise of Pizza and Icecream for dinner???

·
Registered
101 Posts
it's too hot for october! today i took Rowen on an easy walk that was a little less than 2 miles and right before we started walking up the main street back to our house he just stopped and sat down to pant and rest. I hope at least the high humidity goes away.. tomorrow is supposed to be 90 here and humid!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I think we just got Annmarie's "severed" thunder storms!! Actually, it's just rain....but what a welcome sight!! My yard was a dust bowl....when I went to blow leaves into a pile the other day...it looked like I was burning them! :shock: Oh course, Jonah and Miko are itching to go frolic in the rain right now. Guess I'll be nice and let them before I go to work!

G

·
Gene you are such a nice dad letting the kids frolic in the rain. I would let mine but she seems to frolic more in the mud than the rain!!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
hmz819 said:
Gene you are such a nice dad letting the kids frolic in the rain. I would let mine but she seems to frolic more in the mud than the rain!!!!
Goes with out saying it will be mud also....They do get such fun out of it. The fun part is getting them to shake off BEFORE they come inside!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
How about playing a little KC and the Sunshine Band?

"Shake Your Bootie"

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha...well ours finally broke too. We haven't had the severed t-storms (yet)...hopefully they'll hold off and we won't have any rain.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i'll Take the HEAT :D any day OVER wet cold snow :twisted:

G

·
I hear ya Annmarie!!!! I hate the wet cold snow unless I can just curl up by the fire and hibernate. Then the snow isn't so bad!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts