Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of people considering labradoodles, but cannot afford the price. You may want to check out the rescue and rehome website. It gets updated at least 4-5 times a week with new additions and adopted doodles. There are some gorgeous LD's listed on the site, and there is a chat section where people frequently post their doodles for rehomes.

http://www.poomixrescue.com/

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh Shannon,
Thanks for posting this. I have been thinking that maybe it would be nice for Coal to have a companion and I am thinking that I am not prepared to go through all the tiny puppy stuff again. If ever you come across a rehome in the southwest (preferably a female but not set on it) please think of me. I think that it is so wonderful that you help out with that website. Good job!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just sent an email to them. He is so cute. He is young but maybe his personality will just click with our family and Coal. I may go see him tomorrow if someone doesn't swoop in and grab him before I get to

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great! He looks like such a sweetie. I am sure Coal would love him!! And the energy Coal will burn off would amaze you!! He was not on there earlier, but when I looked tonight he popped up, so hopefully it will work out. Please let me know. I had to search through the posts for yours. I knew someone in AZ was looking.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I will keep you posted. It is going to have to be a really great fit for us to take a 15 weeker though. Sure Coal would love him but we have to make sure Aidan (my almost 3 year old) and Drake can get along! Coal is sooo laid back I feel spoiled!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean. I have a 1 1/2 yr old LD, and now I just got a 12 wk. old LD. He is already going to the door to go potty, and he is just as laid back as Phantom, and I have Star. Yes, I now have 3 LD's. LOL They get along so great, and the puppy has caught onto the potty training in less than a week. It is awesome!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow! Your house must be exciting!

I am sooo spoiled with Coal. He doesn't bark, he doesn't jump on my son, he doesn't take things off of the counter, he likes to lay down quietly with a good dog chew, he is excellent in the car, he eats great, he is 99% percent housebroken, he hasn't chewed anything valuable yet, very super sweet and lovey. How can I be so lucky twice???!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe Drake will be perfect for us then! I guess also like with children, once a dog is your "baby" you overlook any faults and concentrate on all their good qualities! I will definitely keep you posted Shannon. Thanks for thinking of me. It is so wonderful that you volunteer with that site. I had better get off of this computer now!

Oh, did you see the new pics of Coal? He was groomed today. I think I put it under "stories about your labradoodle"

·
Registered
228 Posts
I like the shaggy look too but it was bothering me (and Coal too I think) that I couldn't see his eyes! I love the way your Star looks and I love that name! Anyway, I am going to take one more quick peek at Drake before I go to bed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts